Who has the most Oblivion mods?

dagTestWorld

Installed you mean? LOADS!!!

I remember I did reach the limit in Morrowind 2006 and was forced to start merging mods. That has not happen yet in Oblivion. 130 mods active. Some very small, others are huge. Many are merged into Bash Patch.

There is a merging tool for Skyrim and they say in the description: Merge everything. As they also say: if you install a mod, do not uninstall it or you will get issues. IU really likethe ESL option in Skyrim, as I have way above 256 mods in Skyrim.

Edited by Pellape

Ahh. And that number will inform us of? :wink: I have 7 with this new account.

• 1 Morrowind
  • 2 Skyrim
  • 4 Oblivion
The number do not say if it is a big mod or not. The one for Morrowind took me 2 years to complete and one Oblivion mod has been developed during 2 years, and will take 10 more I guess. Some mods took a couple of hours to make. The Morrowind mod was released 1 week before oblivion came out, as I knew, I would not touch it again, not for 14 years at least, but I remade it 2020, fixed bugs and stuff.

I do have 2 Oblivion WIPs here and 1 Skyrim. The Skyrim one will be made in 2 hours if I get the thumb out. Both Oblivion projects will take very very long time to complete. Now when I started school again, I only have time during the weekends to work with them.

The thing is, I had much more Oblivion mods, released at sites that do not exist any longer. I think 4 of them is published with my old account and others did save them and uploaded them to Nexus, without I knew about it and that was very very good, as I use 2 of those now. So if we include them, I have 10.

I also have some stuff at the Morrowind Archive, mostly mods I made with other old modders, in team projects. It is a shame that so many old Oblivion mods are gone.One of them was also recommended by Wrye at UESP. :smile: It is gone forever. I even asked Wrye if he still had it, he searched through all his old drives and came back after 3 hours. Nope... Gone...

I have my mods in the signature and here is 7 Morrowind mods from the Archive. I did add them to my signature now as someone might wanna use something maybe at some point?

Here is a review from 2017, best 10 Morrowind Dungeons. My mod starts at 29:13

My Redoran retexture was also reviewed, by the same guy 2015. Nothing I would use today, but it do look good, but wooden Redoran retexture? Well at that period I was so in to wood, but there is no wood in that area, so wooden Redoran structures is really out of the place. Still, it was fun to make and use 2005. Mine starts at 5:45

I also tried to make a retexture of Anvil, together with either Kalikut or Elynda, damn I cannot remember. I Googled it, it was with Kalikut. I made some Morrowind stuff with Elynda.

Honestly, this is the best I ever made: The legacy of the Champion but it will not be complete until after 2030 or so, maybe not even before 2040.

So, some modders focus at big projects and some of the biggest ones are the best ones. Some add a tiny spell and release it, making the players mod-lists huge but those tiny mods often adds a very unique scripted spell as one example, spells that are very useful and makes life easier.

Edited by Pellape

I have right at 120 mods active in my Oblivion install right now! They rance in size from small patch mods and single clothing item mods to huge ones like Ubanga! And I don't think there's really any mod out there bigger than Ubanga!

And as far as how many mods I have on Nexus, I'd say I have 12 mods on the Nexus! 10 active and 2 hidden due to issues! All 12 of them are for Oblivion!

Edited by LordPalpatine2020

I did wanted to mention all mods, and also add that Oblivion and Morrowind feel very similar to mod, the difference between those 2 CS are not that big, except the Objects in MW CS are set in tabs, and Oblivion Objects set in a much better menu system.

The TABS where so frustrated and confusing, as they did change position, when you used them and Reference Windows in Skyrim CK do the same. It seems like that is a Windows standard behavior for tabs but I hate it. Skyrim CK differ so much from the 2 CS, that it feels like it is in a complete different dimension. I did learn a lot how Skyrim really works with the few things I made in CK. I did publish 2 small scripted mods this summer for Skyrim. Papyrus differ a LOT from Oblivion scripting for sure. So frustrating to learn really, but it is the way you define stuff that differ and that Skyrim has no Game or Menu modes at all, only events. No scripts in Skyrim are looping, not until you specify a loop within an event. An event can be: OnActivate as one example, when you activate something in game with the [E]-button or cast as spell with a script, with an event OnEffectStart as another example, but that is similar to how Oblivion spells works as well when you script them really.

Even if MW and Oblivion is very similar to mod, it felt very confusing 2006 to start learning it. Most frustrated was Normal-maps really. It took some time until we figured out how to make them, finding tools for them and at that point, 2006, there where no exporters for Gimp yet. So in our smaller community, it was Qarl that figured it out and told us how to make them easiest. All others in that mod making community where just pissed off and I do think it took some time until Nifskope could handle oblivion meshes as well, so we where able to get new textures in to the game. I never forget that frustrated period in the community as we all felt the same frustration. We wanted to start modding Oblivion from start 2006, well at least 60% of that community as some refused to leave Morrowind. So some of them never played oblivion and left and Canadian Ice was one of them that never liked Oblivion. I think we exported some of her stuff, with her permission, like her nice robes and I made fitting boots and shoes for them as well. Just some old frustrating memories from 2006... I will never forget that period, never, as I never felt so pissed off, not even close, when Skyrim came 2011, but Ck first 2012, but I never felt any need to start using CK, not in the same way that I wanted to start modding Oblivion as fast as possible 2006. CK came when I finished all quests in Skyrim as there where no quest mods released until after first after 2012, so I was tired of the game, and left, until I picked it up again 2020.

Old 32-bit Skyrim became extremity unstable with the low level made mods that was released 2011. It crashed constantly. Skyrim SE v1.57.x is extremely stable. It crash ones a week, or twice only. I did install loads of fixes 2020... :wink:

Next problem with Oblivion 2006 occurred when we failed to see our new textures in game. It sure pissed us even more off. Archive Invalidation or what it is called now again... :wink: And again, I think Qarl figured it out in our small community. Well someone did and it was mostly he that figured out all this stuff for us. I was so pissed I could scream until then... I thought... SCREW THIS SHITTY GAME!!! :D I was extremely pissed off back then I can tell you. :D

Qarl passed away 2011. I do not know if he really had time to test Skyrim before it did happen. (R.I.P)

We did have a lot of different sites back then to upload and DL Oblivion mods from. A majority of those sites are gone, and so are a majority of our older mods. Gone forever.

Edited by Pellape

I did wanted to mention all mods, and also add that Oblivion and Morrowind feel very similar to mod, the difference between those 2 CS are not that big, except the Objects in MW CS are set in tabs, and Oblivion Objects set in a much better menu system.

The TABS where so frustrated and confusing, as they did change position, when you used them and Reference Windows in Skyrim CK do the same. It seems like that is a Windows standard behavior for tabs but I hate it. Skyrim CK differ so much from the 2 CS, that it feels like it is in a complete different dimension. I did learn a lot how Skyrim really works with the few things I made in CK. I did publish 2 small scripted mods this summer for Skyrim. Papyrus differ a LOT from Oblivion scripting for sure. So frustrating to learn really, but it is the way you define stuff that differ and that Skyrim has no Game or Menu modes at all, only events. No scripts in Skyrim are looping, not until you specify a loop within an event. An event can be: OnActivate as one example, when you activate something in game with the [E]-button or cast as spell with a script, with an event OnEffectStart as another example, but that is similar to how Oblivion spells works as well when you script them really.

Even if MW and Oblivion is very similar to mod, it felt very confusing 2006 to start learning it. Most frustrated was Normal-maps really. It took some time until we figured out how to make them, finding tools for them and at that point, 2006, there where no exporters for Gimp yet. So in our smaller community, it was Qarl that figured it out and told us how to make them easiest. All others in that mod making community where just pissed off and I do think it took some time until Nifskope could handle oblivion meshes as well, so we where able to get new textures in to the game. I never forget that frustrated period in the community as we all felt the same frustration. We wanted to start modding Oblivion from start 2006, well at least 60% of that community as some refused to leave Morrowind. So some of them never played oblivion and left and Canadian Ice was one of them that never liked Oblivion. I think we exported some of her stuff, with her permission, like her nice robes and I made fitting boots and shoes for them as well. Just some old frustrating memories from 2006... I will never forget that period, never, as I never felt so pissed off, not even close, when Skyrim came 2011, but Ck first 2012, but I never felt any need to start using CK, not in the same way that I wanted to start modding Oblivion as fast as possible 2006. CK came when I finished all quests in Skyrim as there where no quest mods released until after first after 2012, so I was tired of the game, and left, until I picked it up again 2020.

Old 32-bit Skyrim became extremity unstable with the low level made mods that was released 2011. It crashed constantly. Skyrim SE v1.57.x is extremely stable. It crash ones a week, or twice only. I did install loads of fixes 2020... :wink:

Next problem with Oblivion 2006 occurred when we failed to see our new textures in game. It sure pissed us even more off. Archive Invalidation or what it is called now again... :wink: And again, I think Qarl figured it out in our small community. Well someone did and it was mostly he that figured out all this stuff for us. I was so pissed I could scream until then... I thought... SCREW THIS SHITTY GAME!!! :D I was extremely pissed off back then I can tell you. :D

Qarl passed away 2011. I do not know if he really had time to test Skyrim before it did happen. (R.I.P)

We did have a lot of different sites back then to upload and DL Oblivion mods from. A majority of those sites are gone, and so are a majority of our older mods. Gone forever.

Which older mods are gone forever? This I need to know so I know if I have them in my Oblivion mods folder for future installs or not!

One of the Discord posters for Fallout 4 presented a load order list of over 1000 mods. It was a compendium of esl, esp, and those newer formats that don't count toward the mod total.

Being Fallout you would think that amount might constitute a critical mass. My thinking is that many mods equals and unstable game.

Well not all mods makes the game unstable, the ones made for Skyrim between 2011-2012 did though, as they where made with low level tools, the only ones available that year. Otherwise I must say that many mods makes the games more stable, not unstable. But the more mods you use, the more RAM is needed. The number of mods does not make the game unstable. It only requires one dirty mod to make it crash. :smile: If a mod will cause problems or not, we will never know, well except we could peek in the Bug report page before installing it and read some posts at that specific mod DL page at Nexus. If many reports it to be good and nice, there will be no issues. We can expand these games forever. We can also uninstall mods we do no longer need but that can also cause problems, with some dirty variables being left behind. Skyrim do have a nice tool that can clean up dirty left overs in your save files, but use it at your own risk for sure. :D It also warns when you use it but that is a way for that author to protect himself: Do not bother me if you corrupt your own save files. :smile: So far it worked perfect. The same with Wrye Bash cleaning of the save files.

LordPalpatine2020 well if i can remember as it was 14 years ago I saw them the last time. The sites that disappeared after 2008 was Mods Planet something and 4-5 other TES sites, for both Morrowind and Oblivion. One mod that I want back is this one, my old painting exchanger, so if you have it, you are a god. I even asked Wrye if he had it, as he promoted it at UESP in a list of mods that he liked and recommended.

The Morrowind mods where saved into the Morrowind Archive, that also had Oblivion mods for a period, then they decided to delete them from there as well... :/

Edited by Pellape