Character creation has been nerfed

samroski

Ah yes it is, even though its mmorpg its still a space sim, being that you are in flying ships and stuff. Also "snap back" so Diablo 2 must of had horrably maintained servers because they were free, even i had no problems at all trying to get online, maybe the odd maintence downtime that was it. Even the ps3 online play is free.

just my opinion.

Also the monthly fee can be expensive to 19.00$, thats almost like buying the game every month.

You're in a ship, but it's not controlled as any other simulator is. You don't have active control of it. You click, and it goes where you click. It's not a typical space simulator. Yes. You command a ship. It has RTS style controls though.

And I don't know how you're getting $19 per month, as I'm billed only $15.

And sure. Diablo was free online play. Did those servers host close to 75,000 people (max I've seen peak), on a single server at one time? You pay for every expansion for Diablo, too. Whereas EVE gives you them for free.

To each their own, though. The game hasn't survived, and prospered, for close to six years for some small feat alone.

Eve has one more advantage. If you are decent at making money (ISK), you can buy playtime with ISK. Depending on how good you at this, I would imagine that most players need not pay in real world money after a year or two of playing.

• 2 months later...

ive only recently been back online so all this was new to me as of yesterday,

i actually like it. before u could start with alot better skills but the 100% bonus to skill learning rate is pretty sweet.

i mean if u were to look at it like this =

*create character

* change attributes to as high as possible INT + MEM

* max out your learning skills ( before the best time for maxed out was between 2 and 3 months ) so now it should be possible

to get that out within a month and half with the double speed of learning

* change character attributes to suit your future skill training needs

the other absolutly fantastic thing about it = bye bye Caldari Achura

its so anoying how many achura pilots there are purely due to before they had the best all round stats ( i think 9 to everything)

i liek diversity, there fundamentaly 12 different species split between 4 empires, yet achura are by far the largest populated.

now anyone can play what they want without reprocussion.

i know the threads old but thought id whack in my 2 cents