ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

how do i access my fallout 3 screenshots?

Soveriegn

Chances are it's saved them in VirtualStore (which is located in your hidden AppData folder).

Easiest way to get to them is to click the Start button, and type AppData in Start Search then navigate to:

AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

Reason it happens is because Vista requires you to set user permissions on your Fallout 3 folder* or it'll be unable to write your saves to the default location (which is your Fallout 3 directory) instead putting them in the location I indicated.

* =

1. Right click the folder.

2. Select properties.

3. Click Security tab.

4. Click Edit.

5. Click your User name.

6. Click Allow Full Control.

7. Hit ok.

Chances are it's saved them in VirtualStore (which is located in your hidden AppData folder).

Easiest way to get to them is to click the Start button, and type AppData in Start Search then navigate to:

AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

Reason it happens is because Vista requires you to set user permissions on your Fallout 3 folder* or it'll be unable to write your saves to the default location (which is your Fallout 3 directory) instead putting them in the location I indicated.

* =

1. Right click the folder.

2. Select properties.

3. Click Security tab.

4. Click Edit.

5. Click your User name.

6. Click Allow Full Control.

7. Hit ok.

ah! thank you so much for the help! i have been trying to take some pictures of peoples mods for them as they have none at the moment,and couldn't upload them as i couldn't find the buggers,but again,thanks for the help.

• 3 years later...

every time i save a screenshot, i get the ingame prompt in the top left says "screenshot#.bmp was saved" but for the life of me, i can't find them on my computer.

I don't know what version of Fallout you are using.. but have you tried to search your computer for "screenshot" and see what the search result is?

My game just saves them in my fallout folder.