User created dlc?

PineappleFlare

For a while I have made some small time mods for skyrim as a past-time, I recently wondered if anyone would want a new area to explore like a dlc? If you would leave a reply on what you would want to see in it. I know this is a monumental task but if completed would anyone actually want to try it? Edited by PineappleFlare

To actually answer your question, if you make a high quality, large-scale mod with new areas to explore and the like, then yes, people will probably play it. Falskaar, Sea of Ghosts, and a few others are all large-scale mods (I think Sea of Ghosts is mainly a quest rather than new areas, but still) and people like them quite a bit. The most important things are to make sure it's got as few bugs and glitches as possible (that'll instantly kill people's interest if there are a lot) and to make it interesting and unique. What exactly it has can be just about anything. Something I thought about recently was that it would interesting to see a large underground city full of undead. Perhaps it could be entered through Blackreach or the like. The undead wouldn't necessarily be hostile. Or you might be able to make them friendly even though they start off hostile. Maybe a leader with a request or something. I don't have the persistence to make a mod that large, but it'd be interesting to see.

EDIT: Just remembered there was a mod somewhat similar to this for Oblivion, but I don't remember much about it. All I ever did with it before I stopped playing (because Skyrim came out) was enter the place.

Edited by Xander9009