Empires Glory

Slawter500

Ahh man, bad christmas Imperial how? :(

Updates to the Eternal Glory glow map should now be alot better :P armor making well im taking a break and i also have to work a ice armor textrue out so im going to use Jojjo's lich king armor texture as an idea to how i can make my own awsome one for Illian which will be black and gold which will look cool and color coded with Illians rapier :)

Well if you have an ICE sheild & now ICE Armour use that sheild texture i gave you, whip up a quick model to match the top sheild structure. It will be a quickie & look great together. You will have an entire set.

Where you said: Well if you have an ICE shield % Now an ICE armor use the shield texture i gave you

i wasn't saying ICE armor i was saying Nice XD

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh man, bad christmas Imperial how? :(

Updates to the Eternal Glory glow map should now be alot better :P armor making well im taking a break and i also have to work a ice armor textrue out so im going to use Jojjo's lich king armor texture as an idea to how i can make my own awsome one for Illian which will be black and gold which will look cool and color coded with Illians rapier :)

Well if you have an ICE sheild & now ICE Armour use that sheild texture i gave you, whip up a quick model to match the top sheild structure. It will be a quickie & look great together. You will have an entire set.

Where you said: Well if you have an ICE shield & Now an ICE armor use the shield texture i gave you

i wasn't saying ICE armor i was saying Nice XD

That wasn't my normalmap method but the CS wiki method. It provides a good layout. And what I meant by jarring is that on some spots, it seems to lack detail quality IMO. But if you like it, by all means don't listen to my constructive critism. (hint: try adding some parallax maps on the normals and enable the meshes to have the parallax flag in nifskope.)

Another tip for normals is to apply duplicate layers on top of each other. This is mainly used for rough surfaces like rocks and such but you could make it for an armor suit. Duplicate the normalmapped layer around 3-4 times then flatten all layers ontop of each other. The finished product will look bizarre but it adds much more depth and is a cheap hack. Make sure to normalize the finished product to get the correct RGB values for the normalmap data. I think you can find the normalize plugin for gimp on the GIMP plugin page.

Yeah the problem was it i was doing your normal map method then adding on a bump map after the process which i think makes it go overboard with the indents and bumps making it look wierd so i guess i'll stick to the method you told me from now on without any additions :D:D

My method (for normalmaps) had nothing to do with the jarring or look of YOUR texture ;) Which was what I was talking about.

If you don't want all those indents and bumps, just change the filter to something like 7x7 or 9x9. 4x4 and 3x3 usually cause that effect :rolleyes:

No dude you don't get it. i used your method and after i had the perfect normal map i added a bump map as a test, it looked good in GIMP but its the reason the texture is "Jarred" so your method is great but adding a bump map after makes it go wierd, now do you get what im saying XD :D