Empires Glory

Slawter500

Ah, that requires my voice a lot as i remember a few hundred pages back Andy said I could voice his guy. Confirm or deny please?

However, I still need to do some more dialogue as Dagon is quite involved in Open Arch. I also think that Andy and I's chars should be involved in the sidequests around OA if there are any.

Also, I need a riddle for the end of my book that relates to the amulet of kings. Any ideas?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I mention the head? Did I mention the guard? No.. I'm talking about the others walking around. I know every single bit about this mod, don't worry. But now I'm thinking, there is that old guard from Andy's book. It's a retired guard with some lore attached due to the book of andy..maybe that one is preferred above any normal monk..

You were the guard down the vault, Andy is the Head-librarian. Andy has constantly said not to refer you guys as monks, so when I would I wouldn't use it for you guys.

The only thing your character will involve is when the player chooses not to kill you :P. Then the player must give the Mysterium Xarxes so he has something else to guard. Andy has a little sidequest about the search for a new cook..but that was undecided yet. Besides that you'll have the opportunity, like all characters. To join the fight at IC..that's all. We can't create to much side-quests. The biggies take too long already.

Andy wrote a book called 'Journal of a Soldier' which is about a guard and Bruma, back then we thought it would be nice to see him retired at Open Arch. So there would be a little addition to the lore and you could ask him about the book. He would get involved in a little side-quest as well.

Hes here waiting so slawter let me know if you have any lines that would fit a 62-year-old kevin cosner-ish sounding voice lol (he told me to write that.............idk.......)

Anyways it might be good to have a few voices done with this good mic. Ill be more than glad to do some myself. I also had to add, fighting sound? if i do a character ive always wanted to do the flee-fighting-killing sounds aswell might be kinda cool for a change iether way let me know he will only be here for a few more hours so let me know plz.

Do specify in that case by giving some sort of marker, as I don't mind being called a monk. Do we still have those challenges I thought up in place there? Or are we doing something different. Also, didn't the Xarxes get destroyed when the portal opened, as it never appears in the game after that, to my knowledge.

Also, if the player chooses not to kill him, then I will need to rewrite part of my University's history book, as he's currently an Immortal being.

That also gave me an idea for something, which may be slightly egocentric but I'd like to see if we can work it in, as I like the voice I use for him and I hardly have much dialogue at the moment(I'm aware I may be sounding pompous atm, so sorry). Here goes: You know those voiceovers you get at the end and start of the game? Well, I thought that since we have at least one character that's been around for hundreds of years, that a medley of my character, Ocato and any other main people who are fairly old could provide a voice over at the end of the main EG questline, when you kill Ilian. I was going to suggest that only my guy did it, but that would be a little ridiculous for anyone, as he's not really a big character in terms of screentime. What do you guys think?

Hm, not necessarily. How about as he fails in his task, when the book passes a certain line he'll loose his mortality?

Staying immortal is ok though.

The challenges will still be there. Basically you've got to convince the head by doing so, then he'll show you where the vault is. Then you'll have to convince/kill you to get the book you need. Besides that, if you're interested you may do the voice of the translator that is at the just after the MD-Agent. But besides that dagon, none will really get much lines :). Everyone may extend their character to the limit though. As you've been 'freed' you might have daily conversations with andy about everything that happened in the meantime you've been down there in that vault. ;D.

Sure, I'll do the translator. However, I would prefer to stay Immortal so you can't kill me, and I believe the last challenge is fighting him to a standstill(either he's essential and you KO him, or he has an absurd amount of health and he stops fighting you when you've done a certain amount of damage) to convince him you are worthy of the spell. What about that voice-over Idea?

Ok, I've figured out a way I can fit my book in with him guarding the spell, Phew. So when he is "summoned", which happens twice in the book, he is actually teleported away from the vault to defend OA, however everyone say him descend back into the vault last time so everyone know's he's still there.

Now, how exactly are we going to implement those challenges, and what did you mean when you said dialogue for the general monks?

There will be more people wandering around OA. Although I'm not sure what the big plan is as there is a little undecisiveness between Open Arch being Burned down or not. Regardless of that it'll contain more people at a certain point. Basically it will at least contain the guard with his family, andy and you and 2 monks. As it's big enough it will have to at least have 2 monks. If OA however wouldn't be burned down it'll contain at least 5 monks. About the voice-over..I don't know, those things seem more fitting for when we're close to the release and are just upping any experience. You could voice a trailer instead. Again, that'll be far from now as the next trailer will contain a lot of mod-content we currently don't have.