ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

New AE install balking at SKSE

7531Leonidas

enb registers on start, Beth splash screen comes up, then freeze w/the spinner in the bottom right corner. I am pretty sure that SKSE isn't loading properly, b/c:

EngineFixes.log is written (blank)

skse64_loader.log is written, reads that it is launching

skse64_steam_loader.log has this line at the end: couldn't find __telemetry_main_invoke_trigger

skse64.log doesn't get written, nor any other log for SKSE mods.

I should have wiped it all, and started from scratch, but I didn't , and am trying to muddle my way through.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be for the telemetry_main error statement? Or is this a red herring, and I need to look elsewhere?

showler, you got it in one, or at least part of it. I had a (partially) incompatible crash logger, but managed to get some of a crash log by changing a setting to verbose logging. Once I got that, I found that the parallax shaders did not work, even though they were listed as for 1.6+. I also had Fire Hurts installed, thinking that it was compatible, but it wasn't. I had two (or three?) other dll mods that I hadn't installed the updates after all. The scripts were installed, I had just zipped them up in a folder, but it was the 'data' folder, with the scripts inside. Got it all sorted, once I zipped up the 'scripts' folder for use in Vortex.

tbird - you should go to the Net Script Framework page, click on the "Requirements", and look at your load order in MO2 to see which mods you have installed that are dependent upon NSF, and get rid of them. Or, you could really jump the shark and try the rollback/regression to SE. I forget what it is really called, sorry (found it - !!DOWNGRADE!!). I got tired of avoiding the update to 1.6, and trying to figure out which other mod updates wouldn't break my game.