Since the AE updates already broke mods, is there any harm is buying the upgrade?

PedgeJ

The number of mods still "broken" by the SKSE update is very small.

Buying the DLC pack is unlikely to cause problems, but you might need more compatibility patches for the new content.

OTOH, the downgrade patcher seems to work very well.

Either way, it will be up to you to pay attention to what you are downloading and which version of SKSE it is for.

One thing to consider: If you buy the payed upgrade ("Anniversary Edition"), you will get all the mods it contains. Currently, there's no real option to choose only part of the content. Once you purchased the upgrade, you get everything.

OFC, you basically CAN manually delete unwanted mods, but they will be back every time you update the game or verify game cache on steam.

For me, this was the reason not to buy the upgrade. I don't really like/want some of the mods in the package (among them player homes, that would conflict with other mods I use and a "Christmas" mod I find quite "out of place" in Skyrim...).

Here's an overview of what you get:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Creation_Club

Decide for yourself...

You can. It really only comes with 4 mods and either updating SE to AE or back dating it from AE to SE isn't that difficult. You don't need any patcher, you can either copy and paste the Skyrim SE folder (around 15.8 Gigs) to another drive, OR update and copy and paste the SkyrimSE.exe or the SkyrimSELauncher.exe , update and then replace them back in the Skyrim/Data folder. I did that and my SKSE, my MO2 install and all my mods were okay after updating. I simply replaced the AE update (save the file, don't delete it simply move it out of the Skyrim/Data folder).

One thing to consider: If you buy the payed upgrade ("Anniversary Edition"), you will get all the mods it contains. Currently, there's no real option to choose only part of the content. Once you purchased the upgrade, you get everything.

OFC, you basically CAN manually delete unwanted mods, but they will be back every time you update the game or verify game cache on steam.

For me, this was the reason not to buy the upgrade. I don't really like/want some of the mods in the package (among them player homes, that would conflict with other mods I use and a "Christmas" mod I find quite "out of place" in Skyrim...).

Here's an overview of what you get:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Creation_Club

Decide for yourself...

pretty sure you can just shut off the esps of CC content you don't want