New to Fallout 4, Mods inquiry.

yarddogg

While this isn't a scrapping mod... it will help you out some. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19711 Remove Ugly Flat Trash.

What it does, is that it's a retex of some of the garbage that is laying around all over the place. In essence, it turns it invisible!

I haven't really used any scrap "All" mods since my bethesda days. I kinda ended up with a lot of game crashes, so I steered away from them.

One of them that I DO use tho is Scrap Dead Things. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6497

Allows you to scrap out well.... dead things. Corpses, bones, skeletons, ash and goo piles, stuff like that.

I especially got sick of having dead ghouls all over the place, before I got that mod...

the first thing i would do is get rid of vortex! you have to rely only on what an AI thinks is right and you basically have no control over your LO and the built in LOOT report you get is far better than what vortex has to offer. i personally use scrap everything and with MO2 i can adjust it in my LO and solve alot of the bugs in it plus if you get FO4Edit you can clean your own plugins and get rid of ITM's which will improve performance and compatibility. MO2 is very similar to Bethesda setup when it comes to organizing your LO and solving conflicts ...but the downside is you cant download collections with it but after looking at about 100 of them realized that id be playing someone else's game instead of my own plus you don' get to see ALOT of the great mods out there. just my 2 cents on this.

the first thing i would do is get rid of vortex! you have to rely only on what an AI thinks is right and you basically have no control over your LO and the built in LOOT report you get is far better than what vortex has to offer. i personally use scrap everything and with MO2 i can adjust it in my LO and solve alot of the bugs in it plus if you get FO4Edit you can clean your own plugins and get rid of ITM's which will improve performance and compatibility. MO2 is very similar to Bethesda setup when it comes to organizing your LO and solving conflicts ...but the downside is you cant download collections with it but after looking at about 100 of them realized that id be playing someone else's game instead of my own plus you don' get to see ALOT of the great mods out there. just my 2 cents on this.

Vortex actually works fairly well, it also has loot integrated into it, and relies on that for setting load order. The only real difference with Vortex is, you can't just drag and drop mods in your load order, to change it. Need to set a rule for doing so. (which in turn, modifies your loot master list.) For beginners, Vortex works fairly well, and doesn't have *quite* the learning curve as some other managers. But, if you try and install mods that inherently conflict, yeah, you ARE going to have issues, no matter which manager you use.

Vortex actually works fairly well, it also has loot integrated into it, and relies on that for setting load order. The only real difference with Vortex is, you can't just drag and drop mods in your load order, to change it. Need to set a rule for doing so. (which in turn, modifies your loot master list.) For beginners, Vortex works fairly well, and doesn't have *quite* the learning curve as some other managers. But, if you try and install mods that inherently conflict, yeah, you ARE going to have issues, no matter which manager you use.

your right Vortex is easy to use. but with them coming from console to PC MO2 would be a better choice for them since its more aligned to what their used to on console , and the LOOT report from MO2 is far better and easier to understand than Vortex (just my opinion). i used console for years and played both SSE and FO4 on them with thousands of hours in them both before i switched to PC and the way the mods load in Vortex is really confusing because it goes against all the rules we learned on console. but when it comes right down to it , its just a matter of personal choice is all.

your right Vortex is easy to use. but with them coming from console to PC MO2 would be a better choice for them since its more aligned to what their used to on console , and the LOOT report from MO2 is far better and easier to understand than Vortex (just my opinion). i used console for years and played both SSE and FO4 on them with thousands of hours in them both before i switched to PC and the way the mods load in Vortex is really confusing because it goes against all the rules we learned on console. but when it comes right down to it , its just a matter of personal choice is all.

MO2 does some other tricks with profiles though, that can complicate matters. Placement of ini files, and such, for instance.

if you need to edit/add your INI's it is alot easier to do with MO2 than Vortex because you can do it straight from the MO2 page instead of the actual game file and profiles work the same way as Vortex---if you dont want it dont use it. now this is stricktly my opinion but Vortex is for people that have NEVER modded before or dont know how they actually works or just plain lazy. if you never used mods on console you wont understand what im saying about MO2 and console modding is almost identical o eachother and alot easier to make the transition to PC with from console. but if you dont want to worry about proper mod placement and just want plug and play Vortex is the way to go and just download your mods and use the suggestions when a conflict pops up betweem mods. you dont have control with Vortex at all unless you go under manage rules but that is so confusing and can cause MORE problems than its worth

this person is coming from console and wants the same setup that they used on console and Vortex IS NOT WHAT THEY ASKED FOR !!!!

again if you never modded on console you WONT understand !!!!