can FNIS be causing CTD?

tsukinomi

i really like taking pics to my char so i enjoy pose mods and they all require FNIS.............................. i wonder if this is the case, like any other person in this website i have reinstalled skyrim multiple times and after adding a sh..load of mods i started getting CTD, for example couldnt press continue on main menu screen or some other random in-game crashes, sometimes freezing........whatever this last time i reinstalled the game, so far i have 80 hours of gameplay and the game is not crashing at all, this time i havent installed FNIS or pinup poser to be precise, is it possible this was the cause of all the CTD?

Your logs are useful only if your CTD is script related, which is quite unlikely.

Oh, ok.

I see now.

I don't know why we can conclude it's not script related, but I realize I'm not an expert in this.

Well, if this is of any help to anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but in my view there are 3 main reasons for crashing.

1) Messed up load order

*** BOSS helps a lot to prevent this, but isn't fail proof. Best way to avoid this is paying close attention to the installation tutorials.

*** TES5 Edit is a great tool to check your load order. I usually run it if I get CTD at the main menu.

2) Memory overflow

*** Best way to avoid this is simply know your computer well.... don't be too hungry for HD textures, for example.

*** There's "ENB Boost" but I never looked it in depth, since I didn't need it so far.

3) Bad scripts or Conflicting scripts

*** Papyrus logs help a lot on the diagnosis

I usually consider these 3 "rules" when I try to fix my game.

• 1 month later...