Fallout 4 vanilla guns. Mostly Suck.

StormWolf01

I LIKE me some revolvers! Oh yes, yes I do :yes:

And Bethesda even flubbed THAT up. The heavy barrel needs better detail. It looks like the end of a pellet gun. And while I've never done a screenshot to compare it... seeing it in action it really does look like the business end is too small for the bullets to come out of! And... AND... A N D... this single action only, BS (unless you buy DLC) is horse drek. And that animation of slinging the cylinders into the frame like that makes me cringe every time I see it. (For real, you can ruin a revolver that way!)

The gunshot fx sounds NOTHING like a 44. It sounds more like somebody smacking a cheap tin plate.

And then... Ok. Yeah. I .44 CAN have some pretty hardy muzzle flip. Especially with hot loads. But COME ON!!!

But yeah. 6-8 rounds in a gunfight? More difficult reload? Nah. Not by preference. Magazine fed auto loader, any day.

Tho yeah, I do like lever action a lot. But vanilla loading animations, and no vanilla tactical reload.... BLEH.

I keep wanting to try out modern firearms. But I never get around to trying it. Too much work taking out the level list, and not enough time in my day or weekend :sad:

Why would you take out the leveled lists??

I have another mod that makes ALL weapons available at level 1. Makes for a really interesting start to the game. I still see pipe weapons, and vanilla weapons as well. Combine this with PANPC mod, and the wasteland just got a LOT more dangerous. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as having everything available at level 1 still makes it extremely rare that the random raider would have something like an Atchison - it would make sense. The reality is though a weapon that OP would likely be "claimed" by the most powerful of the Raider bunch - which you wouldn't see at the earliest levels of the game. Should have about a 0.05% chance of finding a Raider with that - and TBH they'd probably be fighting each other for that instead of fighting you. :D

Those Raiders in tow would be like Gollum, all the while in tow they'd be mumbling "Precious" and be looking for the first opportunity to take the prize from the boss. Ex. Boss is pinned down, lets go help him. Meh, let him die - DIBS!!!!

Edited by fraquar

As long as having everything available at level 1 still makes it extremely rare that the random raider would have something like an Atchison - it would make sense. The reality is though a weapon that OP would likely be "claimed" by the most powerful of the Raider bunch - which you wouldn't see at the earliest levels of the game. Should have about a 0.05% chance of finding a Raider with that - and TBH they'd probably be fighting each other for that instead of fighting you. :D

Those Raiders in tow would be like Gollum, all the while in tow they'd be mumbling "Precious" and be looking for the first opportunity to take the prize from the boss. Ex. Boss is pinned down, lets go help him. Meh, let him die - DIBS!!!!

True. :) In reality..... after 200 plus years, I doubt ANY guns from pre-war times would even be useful any more. Not to mention, where is all the ammo coming from? Sure, over in vegas, they are making more..... but, is it being shipped in? Somehow, I doubt it. But then, the BoS airship, and vertibirds would be highly unusual as well.... Unless at some point, they figgered out how to make new parts for them..... but even then..... the airframes all those parts attach to would be WAY past their 'use by' date...... Maybe that's why vanilla vertibirds are so fragile? :D

I'm the opposite.

I intentionally remove any extended mags, even remove the quick variants.

Pistols - limited to 10 rd mags.

Machine Pistols / SMG's - limited to 30 rd mags (no drums - just sticks) - and they get a healthy dose of control issues.

Assault/Combat rifles - 10 rd mags only - no quick variants.

The only pistol I'd ever consider having more than 10 rds for would be a Mark 23 SOCOM, as that is an entire weapon platform - and it would literally be my only weapon. Hence the issue I have with extended mags - that pistol pretty much illustrates how one weapon can make all others irrelevant.

I used to have the little brother to the mark 23. A .40 cal USP. :thumbsup:

One VERY sweet pistol. But waaaay too damned expensive! Paid $800 for it. Used!

And that was like... 15 years ago!

10 rounders? When did F04 go thru the assault weapon ban?

I mean, I can see it if you like to make it challenging. But. Anyways, we all enjoy our own kind of gameplay ;)

I LIKE me some revolvers! Oh yes, yes I do :yes:

And Bethesda even flubbed THAT up. The heavy barrel needs better detail. It looks like the end of a pellet gun. And while I've never done a screenshot to compare it... seeing it in action it really does look like the business end is too small for the bullets to come out of! And... AND... A N D... this single action only, BS (unless you buy DLC) is horse drek. And that animation of slinging the cylinders into the frame like that makes me cringe every time I see it. (For real, you can ruin a revolver that way!)

The gunshot fx sounds NOTHING like a 44. It sounds more like somebody smacking a cheap tin plate.

And then... Ok. Yeah. I .44 CAN have some pretty hardy muzzle flip. Especially with hot loads. But COME ON!!!

But yeah. 6-8 rounds in a gunfight? More difficult reload? Nah. Not by preference. Magazine fed auto loader, any day.

Tho yeah, I do like lever action a lot. But vanilla loading animations, and no vanilla tactical reload.... BLEH.

I keep wanting to try out modern firearms. But I never get around to trying it. Too much work taking out the level list, and not enough time in my day or weekend :sad:

Why would you take out the leveled lists??

I have another mod that makes ALL weapons available at level 1. Makes for a really interesting start to the game. I still see pipe weapons, and vanilla weapons as well. Combine this with PANPC mod, and the wasteland just got a LOT more dangerous. :D

Because I dun't like level lists ;) If I'm picking up weaps, then they are strictly to sell off to vendors for caps. What Ima carry, I either wanna make at the chem station, or give to myself via esp explorer.

Then again, if I wasn't carrying around so many missiles, and grenades... my weight wouldnt be such a problem........

Tho also, your stories about just walking across the street, and being hit by squads of SM's armed with heavy machine guns are also an incentive! ;P

So... on topic.... has anybody ever wondered what keeps a hunting rifle chambered up to 50 cal.... from blowing up the barrel, or sending the bolt flying out into infinity and beyond?

I would assume..... (yeah, I know....) that when you re-chamber the rifle, you also change out the barrel, etc. If making a change to a weapon causes it to kill ME, I don't view that as an 'upgrade'. :D

ya know... ... that, and the convo about LL's just gave me an idea.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a modified weapon that explodes when you try to use it? Hmmmm. :huh:

Throw that on some raiders, and watch the fun! :laugh:

HAHA I agree. But it would definitely make a great gift for "that particular someone" in your life :laugh: :laugh:

I would assume..... (yeah, I know....) that when you re-chamber the rifle, you also change out the barrel, etc. If making a change to a weapon causes it to kill ME, I don't view that as an 'upgrade'. :D

ya know... ... that, and the convo about LL's just gave me an idea.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a modified weapon that explodes when you try to use it? Hmmmm. :huh:

Throw that on some raiders, and watch the fun! :laugh:

HAHA I agree. But it would definitely make a great gift for "that particular someone" in your life :laugh: :laugh:

How about grenades with NO delay? :D Leave a bunch on the ground near some raiders, then hit 'em from a distance with a silenced weapon, and watch the fun begin. :D

Ya know... I've never checked to see if 'nades will set off mines. There's an interesting thought!! :D

However, those lil spider mines that Neeher came up with? Booby trap an area with regular mines, then send one of those lil guys skittering off into the area :D :D :D

Big fun, much explosions!

But yeah, I DO like that idea that you had.

Hrm. booby traps. In paintball, we could make booby trapped grenades. Pull the pin, and when the cap comes off, it starts spraying paint around all over the place, instead of just unsealing the balloons inside enough to rupture on impact. Those were a lot of fun. We'd leave them sitting around the field, and it never failed that somebody thought that somebody had dropped one by accident.

Frag or nuka grenades that go off when used. That would be some great fun. Especially if You give them to your followers. Yes, I am 100% taking into account how you feel about companions :D Hey, Garvey. Go stand over there. Here, here's a weapon for you.

Ya know... I've never checked to see if 'nades will set off mines. There's an interesting thought!! :D

However, those lil spider mines that Neeher came up with? Booby trap an area with regular mines, then send one of those lil guys skittering off into the area :D :D :D

Big fun, much explosions!

But yeah, I DO like that idea that you had.

Hrm. booby traps. In paintball, we could make booby trapped grenades. Pull the pin, and when the cap comes off, it starts spraying paint around all over the place, instead of just unsealing the balloons inside enough to rupture on impact. Those were a lot of fun. We'd leave them sitting around the field, and it never failed that somebody thought that somebody had dropped one by accident.

Frag or nuka grenades that go off when used. That would be some great fun. Especially if You give them to your followers. Yes, I am 100% taking into account how you feel about companions :D Hey, Garvey. Go stand over there. Here, here's a weapon for you.

Ooooooo, now that is EEEEeeeeviiiillllllll. I LIKE IT!!! :devil:

Yeah, I learned REAL quick, NOT to give AoE weapons to companions...... I used one once.... just to have a pack mule. Gave him a rocket launcher to carry...... He killed me in our next encounter. Idiot.

HEHEHEEEEEEE!! Yeah, so do i! I really wish I knew the scripting language for this game, I'd try to cobble some of those together and see if I could make it work.

There's a way to get it so that companions don't do that. But it means messing around with their AI settings. As far as AoE weaps are concerned.

But yeah. :laugh: That can be either a very funny lesson, or a very aggravating one!

In my early days I gave Nick a launcher, for the first BoS quest. I thought, ok, he can take out a bunch of those other synths. Yeah, NO.

Death scene, Death scene, Death scene.

HAHAHA ok here's a thought. Give the launcher to a companion, and then play a melee fighter :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: