[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

Hmmm... just a random idea... you could add some of those scrolls as rewards for Shalindor book hunting radiant quest. I think that bash patch should resolve any compatybility issues in case such will appear. This idea is exp vaild in case you are planning to reimplement Wizards fury. ;3

Edited by Tykiii

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some thoughts about the illusion tree, thinking that maybe it should have more to do with ... illusions! As in, your own duplicates! I was browsing some of the mmo spotlights and reminded me of my time playing Mesmer in Guild Wars 2.

I was wondering if we could develop some illusionary archetype based on illusion (like in SkyRe) but expand on that. Like maybe, you could be given the choice of branching into different kinds of illusions (ones that are weak but deals more damage, ones that are buffed but deals a lot less damage, or ones that are good in crowd-control, or perhaps even illusions that are weak, but each illusion buffs you up so you can become more of a illusion-warrior kind).

This way, I think it adds a great more variety in what you decide to be (such as hybrid illusion-alteration or illusion-destruction mage) or going all out into the illusion tree with very strong illusions at your disposal. Or maybe you want to be more of a sneak-illusion combo guy, so only branch into perhaps the crowd-control kind of illusion.

I know I came in a bit late and you're about to be finished with the whole thing, so maybe like I said, fingers crossed, you could be doing more developments in the future :D

For instance, we could incorporate blur into the illusions for more of a crowd-control kind of illusion, such that each illusion hit can incur a 5% chance for the target to miss hitting you for 3 seconds kind of thing (unstackable by its own hits but maybe stackable by hits of other illusions for a maximum 30% chance for instance). Or for each illusion around, you gain more chance of missing hits.

By MMO designs, of course, battles last for longer periods of time with each mob, and I know this doesn't synergise well with mods like duel deadly combat since combats last for a very short time, but may in fact be viable with mods that increase spawns. But perhaps especially with mods like deadly combat, the illusion tree could provide a substantial advantage against ranged weapons by being able to distract them in combat, etc. (of course the regular calm, frenzy, fear does this, but they require you to shoot a projectile-based magic against those ranged enemies, and this does is give the ability to do that with less control of who can be calmed/frenzied/feared but require no projectile-based aiming).

What do you think? :smile:

Edited by xallever

What about Mirror Image from DnD? It creates 2-8 duplicate illusions of yourself which act like you act. When an enemy tries to hit you with melee or magic (doesn't work with AoE though), it works out whether one of your illusions got hit. If so that 1 illusion vanishes leaving you with the rest still working. It was one of my favorite spells from DnD :smile:

I was wondering if we could develop some illusionary archetype based on illusion (like in SkyRe) but expand on that. Like maybe, you could be given the choice of branching into different kinds of illusions (ones that are weak but deals more damage, ones that are buffed but deals a lot less damage, or ones that are good in crowd-control, or perhaps even illusions that are weak, but each illusion buffs you up so you can become more of a illusion-warrior kind).

What would be the benefit of ripping off SkyRe? SkyRe already exists and you can use it instead of Apoc, which you probably want to.

What about Mirror Image from DnD? It creates 2-8 duplicate illusions of yourself which act like you act. When an enemy tries to hit you with melee or magic (doesn't work with AoE though), it works out whether one of your illusions got hit. If so that 1 illusion vanishes leaving you with the rest still working. It was one of my favorite spells from DnD :smile:

That's the sort of thing that only works on paper. Try to work out the logistics of bringing an armada of 8 copies with you that do the same thing as you, yet don't hit their face on a.pole you walked next to and don't step in front of your fireballs (or vice versa).

What would be the benefit of ripping off SkyRe? SkyRe already exists and you can use it instead of Apoc, which you probably want to.

That's the sort of thing that only works on paper. Try to work out the logistics of bringing an armada of 8 copies with you that do the same thing as you, yet don't hit their face on a.pole you walked next to and don't step in front of your fireballs (or vice versa).

Well, I read somewhere that this mod does have some duplicates of SkyRe's... Anyway, I agree that would be pointless. However, the mechanic of the illusion that I mentioned I think is different from SkyRe. Like, the illusion in SkyRe doesn't actually deal any damage and immobile.

Or maybe, certain items can be used in the conjuration tree to buff the summons? Haha. I probably shouldn't be this keen about this as sometimes reaching the highest perk should sometimes feel like you've already done enough to be able to be extremely powerful in one specialization.

Compatibility issues with this idea.

This is supposed to be an answer to overhaul mod compatibility. But if you key it off of perks that are changed in large overhauls you are now developing multiple esp's since you'd have to master in each one on a seperate copy. Then fix bugs and make changes on multiple esp's etc.

Pain in the ___

Well, I read somewhere that this mod does have some duplicates of SkyRe's... Anyway, I agree that would be pointless. However, the mechanic of the illusion that I mentioned I think is different from SkyRe. Like, the illusion in SkyRe doesn't actually deal any damage and immobile.

This patch is supposed to stop people saying that Apocalypse and SkyRuinsEverything are incompatible.

Though I am excited for this project, I must wonder what happened to the other mod you were making: Spectreverse or Mesmerverse? Have they disappeared into obscurity?

Quoting Enai in mesmeverse topic:

Nah, I just work on several mods in parallel until one reaches the point where I can prioritise it and reach a release state in a reasonable amount of time. Once that is done, parallel work on the other mods resumes. :smile:

Hi Enai,

I know that some of the spells will overlap, but other than that, would there be any game-breaking issues with using ApocNew and Apoc 4.0 together? I can rename some of Apoc's spells in the CK to get around the spells with the same name, because I don't think I can part with Hellbreath etc.

Thanks.