[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... at first I though that teleport type of spells should be in conjuration only... but... actually nope.

Teleportation belongs to the school of Mysticism... and in Skyrim... this school was removed... and its spells distributed across other schools of magic... Illusion Clyvorence is an examle of such spell. It literally means that it is perfectly lorefriendly to add up teleportation based spells to Illusion... as long as it fits the spirit of this school it is ok ... and Enai illusion teleports fit it well. Just my opinion....

I threw in an extra spell for people who like to experiment: Daedric Authority, causing a target to take command of all nearby summoned minions.

It is not a regular learnable spell because you can do clever things with it like spawning a necrowitch, finding a friendly NPC, casting this on the NPC, then summoning another necrowitch and then casting this on the necrowitch. You now have a necrowitch with a necrowitch minion. Repeat at will.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-32sAnqt22Zs/Tg-wwW_Ck3I/AAAAAAAAAIY/wwKPlOmbdHs/s1600/ducklings.jpg

What about Mirror Image from DnD? It creates 2-8 duplicate illusions of yourself which act like you act. When an enemy tries to hit you with melee or magic (doesn't work with AoE though), it works out whether one of your illusions got hit. If so that 1 illusion vanishes leaving you with the rest still working. It was one of my favorite spells from DnD :smile:

That's the sort of thing that only works on paper. Try to work out the logistics of bringing an armada of 8 copies with you that do the same thing as you, yet don't hit their face on a.pole you walked next to and don't step in front of your fireballs (or vice versa).

Question, since they're illusions, why do they need to avoid running into things? Make them form a circle with the caster making up part of the circle just like the illusions and force them to stay in place. When the caster moves, move them so the circle stays intact. It would matter too much if they clip with other things since they're not really physical beings anyway. As for not getting in the way of your own fireballs, all I can think of is making it so when you fire a spell, they'll do the same thing, but from their position in the circle. So, if you fire a fireball directly in front of you away from the center of the circle, then each of the others would fire one directly away from the center of the circle as well. Still wouldn't be easy, but it might be doable. It's probably still too much work for a single spell. in my opinion, but I just thought I put it out there.