How to install Mods for Fallout 3

was this helpful   

197 members have voted

1. 1. was this helpful at all???

• Yes !!!! thankyou
    • No....nothing i try works......
    • alittle bit
    • i`m just clicking this because i dont know what i`m doing ???

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you move Fomm to the right folder ? it has to be in the main fallout 3 folder

ie >>> C:\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

don`t put fomm into the data folder , this will stop it from working , it will just end itself like you said.

if its not working and is in the right place something else is wrong with your install of fallout 3.

Well of course! If u don't put fomm here..If u don't put such and such in the data files under a such and such file that doesn't exist...If u don't change 0 to 1 on a file that doesn't exist... If u don't do this and that...so on and so forth...doesn't happen...Same old story! I got nowhere doing everything in the name of improving fallout which is a myth unless u twist your comp into a big prezel after u complety destroy your sanity... I have tried everything and got nothing...someone prove me wrong...Bben...prove me wrong.

calm down what errors messages are you getting if any , take a step back and start from the beginning what`s not working and what is.

what version of windows have you got and updates

what ram and 3d card ect / sound card have you got

i need lots of info to help you out!

Update

(bugs been fix with my help in other topic)

I'm sorry Overlord1977 that I didn't respond sooner. I really appriciate u trying to help me...I have Vista with service pack 1 and 2 and have 3 gigs of ram...I have quad pentium 4 working at 9.2 ggs...I have the highest commericial graphics card Nividia puts out I believe...9200 gd.

I've tried to download(and have work!) probably at least 50-60 mods from Nexus for Fallout3 and Oblivion and have only got 2 to work...(Up from one...I forgot about another I got working...) Both were for Oblivion.

Whenever I try to download a mod there is always a hangup...take the Elsweyr expantion for Oblivion...there are 4 parts to download. Well...I downloaded all parts then when I went to extract It said that 2 were already extracted??? I never tried to download this mod before today.

if you need more help have a look on utube for videos, how to install mods, i still think you are missing something 90% of all mods work fine maybe its your load order try asking your friends maybe they can have a look and help you out .......... i would make a video myself if i had the time but its xmas..... all the info is here at the nexus

have you looked at Tweakguides.com

here >>>>> http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

also Fallout 3 wikia may help you out for now

here >>>>> http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

your best bet is to start again with no mods installed see if the game work frist , then do one mod at a time and see if that works for you.....

after xmas i may write you a guide just for you :)

goodluck

PS there are some updates people on the first page

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey im new to all this. umm.. sadly, ive already placed fallout 3 into C:\Program Files\, so i started downloaded mods, and after the 4th mod, there has been an error in the game where it crashes whenever i do anything related to saving/loading. The error has to do with a fallout3.exe folder. Is that related to what you were talking about at the top of your post with Windows 7 having "problamatic security features"? If so, is it possible to transfer all of my fallout3 folders out of that folder and into another one like C:\Fallout3 or D:\Games\Fallout3? help would be greatly appreciated. :confused: