How to install Mods for Fallout 3

was this helpful   

197 members have voted

1. 1. was this helpful at all???

• Yes !!!! thankyou
    • No....nothing i try works......
    • alittle bit
    • i`m just clicking this because i dont know what i`m doing ???

1.5 patch fixed the bug for everone else hmmm ok do you have a older save becuase i think some how you save is messed up o_O

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, thank you, thank you, this did the trick.

Finally an easy to follow set of instructions.

Now if I could just figure out which one of my mods is causing me to CTD every time I try to talk to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

ok first off make a new folder on your desktop

next open the mod with winrar or winzip ect and grab all the items in the that window and move them to the new folder on your desktop (its a bit like copy and paste )

ok next open your fallout 3 folder not your data folder

then move all the files from the new folder to you fallout data folder

then download ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated

from here >>>> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

click the exe and run it once

then get Fallout Mod Manager

this helps with all mods new and old

from here Click here >>>>>> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640

and just tick all the mods you have....

then click on launch FOSE button in Fallout Mod Manager ( this will run fallout 3 without using the norm fallout 3 launch.exe )

ok if you read the guide again this will help also.....

here are some more pics to help

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5561/help1copy.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2567/help2copy.jpg

then use the fallout 3 launder.exe or Fallout Mod Manager launch and to play fallout 3 from now on.

if you need more help................ post again here................or mp me

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: heh

just to let you guys know i`m always added to this on the first page / first post by the way.

as new DLC comes out i have to add things lol because half the time they dont work ^_^

Hi,

Thx for your step-by-step mod installer quide it helped...ALOT, but i have one problem that might be simple or you wouldnt know....when i want to put the unzipped mod pack in the Fallout 3 data file it wont let me by saying "Windows does not support this CD-R format. Please try another disk".

how do i fix that? :unsure: :wallbash:

Hi,

Thx for your step-by-step mod installer quide it helped...ALOT, but i have one problem that might be simple or you wouldnt know....when i want to put the unzipped mod pack in the Fallout 3 data file it wont let me by saying "Windows does not support this CD-R format. Please try another disk".

how do i fix that? :unsure: :wallbash:

nvm i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P ;D but still thanks for the guide

• 2 weeks later...
there is no step 3

please remove this thread, the download link is to an installer, there is no program to select activate or deactivate

REMOVE THREAD NOW

Moderator Note:

Been a member for a day, and post this kind of abuse to a respected member of the community.

You have made 6 posts, 5 of which are asking for step by step instructions for installing a texture replacer. Now you are an expert, and are telling us this step is unnecessary.

When in reality anytime you add a mod that contains content in any folder, e.g. textures/meshes/sounds or any other folder you need to deactivate and reactivate archive invalidation invalidation to reset the archive flags for the new content. Most users do it through FOMM and Fomods, but of course you know that already.

Your crass comment has been deleted...as it contains noting of value.

Buddah

Hey i am having a little issue i was having issues getting my dlc's working so i got "games for windows live disabler" and i finally got them working but they don't show up in my FOMM load order it doesn't even ask if i want to add them even if i reinstall FOMM the esp's also don't show up in the standard launcher order. what can i do to fix this? do i reinstall fallout all together or is it something really simple and i am just stupid.

Hey i am having a little issue i was having issues getting my dlc's working so i got "games for windows live disabler" and i finally got them working but they don't show up in my FOMM load order it doesn't even ask if i want to add them even if i reinstall FOMM the esp's also don't show up in the standard launcher order. what can i do to fix this? do i reinstall fallout all together or is it something really simple and i am just stupid.

have you tryed moving the esm to the data folder from the live folder where they are installed ?