How to install Mods for Fallout 3

was this helpful   

197 members have voted

1. 1. was this helpful at all???

• Yes !!!! thankyou
    • No....nothing i try works......
    • alittle bit
    • i`m just clicking this because i dont know what i`m doing ???

this is where all the dlc can be found if you can`t find them do a search on your pc look for broken steel ect.

For XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC

For Vista: / windows 7

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC

NOTE; If you get CTD's when firing up the Simulator, you need to rename the DLC folder, or remove it. This stops the attempt to contact GFWL about Achievments

Move them to

C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data

If you are using a shortcut to the Fallout executable to launch the game, you will have to use the Fallout Launcher to select the Mod before you load the game. Once it is selected you can then use the executable shortcut to play the game

download the fake live files as well from here the nexus and read zebrin post about moving save games

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I'm quite new to the whole "mods" for Fallout 3. But when i put everything into the data folder, I launch the game, put a tick mark on the mod i want, load a save, and the mods comes up as a white exclamation point with a red triangle around it. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello, I'm quite new to the whole "mods" for Fallout 3. But when i put everything into the data folder, I launch the game, put a tick mark on the mod i want, load a save, and the mods comes up as a white exclamation point with a red triangle around it. PLEASE HELP ME!

That means that meshes are not in the right path. Also you must activate archive invalidation...

In fallout mod manager use toggle invalidation and click apply invalidation (LINK)-> Fallout mod manager

Check here -(LINK)-> How to install mods

just go back and read this from the very start ie from page 1

@Branimirzg there is no need for you to write that its all in here ..... well whatever

to Get rid of the BIGRED Excalmation marks all you need is ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated just download it from here :closedeyes:

Mod Pre Requisites

1) first off Download the program ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated

Click here >>>>> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

2) Extract/install the files to the Fallout 3

3) Run ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated.exe

will look something like this

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/541/98786317.jpg

4) Click Activate aka run it just once

Awesome walk through but ,I have a few questions! Do you need to toggle ,"archive invalidation" with every mod that is to be installed? say invalidate the archive after each mod put into the data folder . Could I do this after I get a few mods put into the data folder or would this need to be done before each mod instalation? I'm using the latest and greatest Foms and am still trying to figure out Fose. :thanks:

no you only have to do that once :) you can trun it on/off as much as you like if it makes you happy :) lol just leave it on ^_^

• 2 weeks later...