Delete Mod on Collection

DrSeptimus

So what happen to a collection if there is a mod in the collection have been deleted by the author or moderator itself?

Mods don't get deleted here any more..... They get "archived", so if they are part of a collection, they would still be available. Theoretically.

If they are not delete, how do I find it?

I was making a collection half way and notice the link to this mod is missing while checking my collection.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25074

If I upload my collection with this mod on it, would people somehow still able to download it?

Edited by DrSeptimus

Hhhmmm, that's interesting. On that, I don't know. If it was hidden, it would say so.... Might wanna post about this in the site issues forum, and see if someone on staff can shed some light on the topic. Theoretically, there IS a way to link to the archived version of a mod, but, that presumes that it actually IS archived...... Suppose the question becomes, WHY is it "not found"? If it was removed by staff, than yeah, it's gone, and I don't think you can get it. If was removed by the author, then it should still be archived.....

Apparently though, it's been here for quite some time. When was the last time you downloaded it? If it was before like August of last year, then it may just be gone.

Hhhmmm, that's interesting. On that, I don't know. If it was hidden, it would say so.... Might wanna post about this in the site issues forum, and see if someone on staff can shed some light on the topic. Theoretically, there IS a way to link to the archived version of a mod, but, that presumes that it actually IS archived...... Suppose the question becomes, WHY is it "not found"? If it was removed by staff, than yeah, it's gone, and I don't think you can get it. If was removed by the author, then it should still be archived.....

Apparently though, it's been here for quite some time. When was the last time you downloaded it? If it was before like August of last year, then it may just be gone.

I started playing Fallout 4 around October last year and I remember seeing this mod still active about 1-3 months ago.

Whenever a mod is gone, I always uncertain if it was the author or modder that remove it by themselves.

Edited by DrSeptimus

TBH, I disagree. It's actually better to contact a member of the staff directly. Since you don't have the name of the mod or the author, you're gonna end up with a bunch of people chiming in, that dunno what their talking about. Then others will think that information is accurate, and it will spread.

zcul and I had a discussion about this, a very short time ago. There for a while, MA's COULD completely delete a mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55346

That's the mod page from the Tactical Tablet mod, when it was originally here. (Yes, it's in my download history, original author was Old Pot).

And it's deleted, for good. Not even Staff have access to it. But, they can tell the date that it was deleted.

TBH, I disagree. It's actually better to contact a member of the staff directly. Since you don't have the name of the mod or the author, you're gonna end up with a bunch of people chiming in, that dunno what their talking about. Then others will think that information is accurate, and it will spread.

zcul and I had a discussion about this, a very short time ago. There for a while, MA's COULD completely delete a mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55346

That's the mod page from the Tactical Tablet mod, when it was originally here. (Yes, it's in my download history, original author was Old Pot).

And it's deleted, for good. Not even Staff have access to it. But, they can tell the date that it was deleted.

I check the d/l history and found the author profile, seems like he close his account yesterday... I somehow wish I know where I can get his future work.. guess I won't do now...

That's always really sad when one of us leaves. :(

You might try doing a web search for the name that the author used for their account here at nexus. If that doesn't turn up any results, maybe try it again with discord after their name. Or fallout mods after their name.