Mods disappearing from game while being active

AlexandroRoxaz

Good afternoon. I recently encountered an unpleasant thing. Something has been updated and now the mods are not displayed in the game. This is some new crap because the mods themselves are displayed as if they were alive.

They are visible in the plugins list in the game menu (mods tab), they are visible in the Nexus menu (all active). However, when I load my save, the game loads without any notification without some of the mods. As a marker, I have a full inventory of weapons from mods, they disappear. Plus, Heather disappears and some of the quests disappear, the rest is reset.
At the same time, a number of things remain, like music from a classical dilogy.
Now I have 253 plugins (esp). The problem appeared in the middle of the game just after loading a quick save. I read a little and apparently this is due to the fact that part of the modo is not compatible with the current version ... Something? Nexus or Fallout or who knows what.
Maybe someone can help?

Did your game update recently? There is a mod that forces the game to skip the version check, so, older mods still work. But, the only time I have seen this particular behavior, is when the player has gone over the 255 esm/esp cap..... Things get really weird after that.

I was below point of 255 before that stuff happened and I am now. Didn't help.

I have already been in a situation with the limit exceeded. Then everything turned off in pieces and the game crashed. This situation is different.

I definitely updated SOMETHING, because before everything worked)

Thanks for the tip with the version check modification, I'll definitely use it.

Ok, there is an update. Only my buildings. story quests and weapons were affected. So, my NCR armor is here, but followers and guns are gone, house disappeared and all quests added with mods are reset. Version-check fux did not help, unfortunately. Weird s#*!. Looks like only things touched by player were affected. Modded weapons are still avaliable at shops.

Alexandro, heyas :smile:

Ok the first thing I'd recommend, is to back up the save files for the ones that still work. Create a new folder somewhere there on your computer, and Copy and Paste them into it.

Another thing you can do, if you don't want to start a "new" character, is to fork your save from those that work. You do that, by renaming the character. When you rename the character the game starts saving an all new fork/branch under the new name. With all the previous saved games info included. And that leaves your other saves intact.

The tool that I personal use to do the renames is Cheat Terminal. But there's a couple of other mods that do it too, and you can also do it via console command, but I've never tried that, and don't 100% trust it. Dunno why.

Alexandro, heyas :smile:

Ok the first thing I'd recommend, is to back up the save files for the ones that still work. Create a new folder somewhere there on your computer, and Copy and Paste them into it.

Another thing you can do, if you don't want to start a "new" character, is to fork your save from those that work. You do that, by renaming the character. When you rename the character the game starts saving an all new fork/branch under the new name. With all the previous saved games info included. And that leaves your other saves intact.

The tool that I personal use to do the renames is Cheat Terminal. But there's a couple of other mods that do it too, and you can also do it via console command, but I've never tried that, and don't 100% trust it. Dunno why.

You have more faith in fallout modders, than beth. So far as I am concerned, that's a good plan. :D

• 1 year later...