NMM 0.50.0.0a now available for brave alpha testers

Dark0ne

In response to post #10104632.

That's an issue with Windows, the mod in question and any version of NMM, not just this one. Windows can only use a maximum of 260 characters in a folder path, e.g. C:/NMM/Skyrim/Mods/YourMod/. Either you've put NMM somewhere deep in your folder path (e.g. C:/Some folder/some other folder/some other other folder/somewhere else/NMM/Mods/YourMod/) or the mod you're trying to install is packaged in such a way that it breaks NMM because it's using too many characters for file names (e.g. C:/NMM/Mods/YourMod/Textures/Some other folder/Another folder/Too many folders/Why so many folders/modfile.txt).

So what do i do? 0_o

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing around with it for a few hours and so far it seems to work great, I really like it. The only thing that could use improvement is when you switch profiles you have to recheck the loaded mods, not a big deal since there is a check all inactive mods button at least. Still it would be nice of it automatically keep them checked as on once that profile is loaded. Only other thing I noticed is if I am running Xpadder to use my controller as a mouse, it disables that program somehow, not a bid deal at all, just kind of odd LOL.

In response to post #10107545.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you want to revert to the "old" NMM you MUST uninstall all the active mods using the 0.50.0.0a! (some new things won't be properly recognized by the old install method).
You can use the button on the Tools menu that will automatically uninstall all of them (or you can uninstall one by one right-clicking on every installed mod and selecting Uninstall Mod from the context menu).

Double-clicking on a mod will handle the enabled/disabled state, it won't physically install/uninstall the files. Edited by DuskDweller