NMM 0.50.0.0a now available for brave alpha testers

Dark0ne

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10119559. #10119652 is also a reply to the same post.

There is a workaround I think. This is under the ASSUMPTION that EACH and EVERY file which is installed by a scripted installer is written into the installlog.xml file. This should include scripted mods which uses C# which could create files on the fly based upon already installed mods, or based upon the system of a user (language like russian) or based upon detecting the video card and then installing a different optimized shader etc.. There could be other situations. Not sure if fomod instalers could do the same. I REALY don't know if such scripted mod installers even exist!!! I would be VERY interested in this.

I think that if NMM does NOT log all files installed that when a mod is uninstalled there will be orphaned files left on the FS which can cause problems.

Lets ASSUME everything is logged. Each file which is installed is either installed in <Skyrim>/data or <Nexus Mod Manager><game>Install Infooverwrites. Hence you know the name of a file and its place on the filingsystem (FS). Afaik the zipfile of an installed mod must be in the <Nexus Mod Manager><game>Mods directory otherwise its detected by NMM on start up and the mod is de-installed automatically. This means you have the installed files AND the zipfiles which contains files in it (which could be renamed on install). Create a CRC or MD5 hash of every file installed AND inside the zipfiles. When running the convertor which parses the installog.xml it would be possible to determine where that file came from inside a zipfile (even if it is renamed) and install the correct file. This should even work for automatically generated files.

But perhaps I've made a wrong turn somewhere in my mind and I'm overlooking things. I would like to hear if this is feasible or not and if NOT where I did go wrong.

It would make the transfer from 0.45.x to 0.50 easier because then users don't have to install mods again which have scripted installer. Just my 2 euro cent.

I would appreciate it if you could give (technical) feedback on this.
Edited by wolverine2710

I am very new to using mods in skyrim so have followed the videos done by gopher, I mention it because he has you move the data folder out of mods and install them using nexus mod manager. During this install it is complaining that the data folder is missing for skse(I clicked install to see if when it was done the data folder did get installed) it appears to be installed and working fine. As stated I am very new to this so just wanted to give a review from someone that doesn't have a clue what they are doing. :)

I had finis installed and it found it and asked if I wanted to run it, I saZid yes and it gave the below error but when I closed it and ran it from my desktop it worked fine.

FNIS Behavior V4.0.2 11/14/2013 10:48:51 AM

Skyrim: ??.?? - C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSkyrim (Steam)

Generator: C:Nexus Mod Manager

ERROR(2019):

I was poking around in the settings and found that finis was not pointed to its install location, I think that may have been the problem.

Edited by johncessor

This is the most fantastic idea yet. I can have a preset for each of the female body types (CBBE, UNP, Sevenbase, Adec, and CHCSBC, as well as one for cheating, one for a guy character, one for a girl, etc etc. Now I can see which armors look better within a minute, without having to uninstall, and reinstall mods.

Incredible work. So far so good, no bugs on my end!

Hi guys, awesome work. Installation without Problems.

Until now I have used the Profile Manager, but your work gives a lot of more functions for individual profiles.

Only what I have noticed is the following fault after a short use.

"ERROR(5): Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:program FilesNexus Mod Managertemporary_logs" wurde verweigert."

Sorry that´s my native language.

"The Access to the path C: ............... was denied",

when I use the Option to run FNIS after Installation of NMM or switching profiles.

So first I gave full permission to that Folder, but the error persists. Than I checked that Folder and noticed that no Folder or file temporary logs exists in my Nexus mod Manager Folder.

Running FNIS with the new button "supported Tools" works well.

I´m running Windows 8.1 pro 64bit.

Hope my english was good enough to explain it.

edit:

I have installed steam with all my games in a different Folder called c:games and not c:program files.

After trying around with changing the local security Settings first for user (left side of the pic) I get a new error message to see in the middle of the pic. On the right side you can see how FNIS start regular.

Is there a Need for to Change the Settings also for "trusted installer", "creator/owner" and "application packages" to run it properly?

http://abload.de/thumb/image1zgs26.jpg

Or is the reason the antiquated opinion that Steam and the steam games have to be installed in c:program files and every other Folder would be not legal like it´s showing up by running FNIS?

Edited by Startrooper55