Fallout 4 nextgen 2023 update compatibiltiy speculation

SKKmods

Anything that uses F4SE is going to be instantly broken the moment it drops. Hopefully they'll do what they did when Skyrim AE was launched and let the F4SE guys at the code to avoid another modpocalypse. It meant that there was at least the support there from minute zero, albeit being slightly limited for reasons beyond the F4SE's control. I ended up having to unofficially downgrade for a few months because I was running some, ahem, "exotic" mods that weren't playing well with AE and F4SE at the time, but everything works as intended now. I'd just be happy if they fixed the integer accuracy bug.

From what I've gathered (possibly wrong), the graphical stuff is pretty much related to the consoles, because PC users have had a lot of the features mentioned for a while now. I really can't see Beth doing anything crazy as there's no real profit for them, especially with Starfield around the corner, unless they've ported FO4 across to the Creation 2 engine as some sort of tech demo.

Without wanting to stray from the topic, there's a bit more that worries me, though.

Something I've noticed is Beth throwing Creation Club stuff in with these big updates. I've got a feeling this is to "normalise" it for users, especially console users. Once enough people are used to it, then it allows Bethesda to say "All mods must be obtained from us..." and dropping the ability to get mods from anyone but them. Now putting aside personal opinions of CC, at this point it puts Beth fully in control of what sees the light of day. All of this pretty much becomes moot. I'd say 75% of the mods wouldn't see the light of day on CC (even as free) because they're close enough to infringing IP that the lawyers will say "Nope!" even just to be on the safe side. There's also the fact that it means Beth can sanitise everything and keep it at a 15+ age rating, and now that Microsoft have their claws in, it remains to see how draconian this gets if they go down this route.

I know there would be a backlash from the community, but it would be pretty much temporary. Beth will ride out any bad feeling, possibly trying to justify it, and then release an update 6 months later, at which time the gaming press will have hopefully moved on. You only have to look at FO76, which seems to have won people around, despite their initial misgivings.

Something I've noticed is Beth throwing Creation Club stuff in with these big updates. I've got a feeling this is to "normalise" it for users, especially console users.

I expect the exact opposite. Creation Club is being shut down with something new coming out for Starfield.

They literally dumped every single CC item, including all the unreleased stuff, on the AE upgrade and haven't done a thing with it since.