Site JS broken on Firefox with ad blocking (Win 10)

shiide

Hi,

For a few days now the site seems to not be able to load jQuery and has other errors that prevent JavaScript working, thus making the site unusable.

The following errors are thrown; in order of appearance, not exhaustive:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://api.enthusiastgaming.net/scripts/cdn.enthusiast.gg/script/eg-aps/release/eg-aps-bootstrap-v2.0.0.bundle.js?site=nexusmods.com. (Reason: CORS request did not succeed). Status code: (null).

Uncaught TypeError: cannot declare global binding 'areAdsBlocked': property must be configurable or both writable and enumerable

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: checkAB is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: GameFavouriteState is not defined

This seems to be at least partly related to ad blocking. I realize I should consider supporting the site by disabling uBlock on it, but it would be nice if this was fixed regardless.

Thank you for your attention.

UPDATE:

Found a solution in the uBlock issue tracker. Adding

nexusmods.com#@#+js(set-constant, areAdsBlocked, false)

to the My Filters list will fix it.

Edited by shiide

If your adblock is broken, turn it off. Nexus didn't change anything to cause this, it's not their responsibility to fix it.

It's been discussed already in multiple threads.

Thanks.

I'm using uBlock Origin, which had its last stable release on 19 September, while the site has been working fine for me up until around the beginning of this week.

So I'm not sure it's the blocker causing it.

Anyway, will manage.

IT'S THE ADBLOCKER!!!

When uBlock updates isn't the problem. It's when the filter lists update. Somebody added something to one of them that prevents the site from working.

Look at the other threads if you don't believe me.

Yeah, the thought occurred to me after posting that it could be a filter definition. (No need to yell : )

The question then if it is a bug in the definition or part of the ever changing landscape as it seems to affect many users.

I'll just disable the blocker for now.

And I'll read through earlier threads next time.

Edited by shiide

Thanks, HeyYou.

For reference, I found that the issue was already reported in the uBlock issue tracker, and there is a solution: adding

nexusmods.com#@#+js(set-constant, areAdsBlocked, false)

to the My Filters list will fix it.

So the site seems to not be able to set this constant, which is consistent with the second error message listed.

No need to yell : )

Sorry, this seemed a bit like a continuation of the discussion yesterday where twenty people confirmed the problem and then people kept posting asking the Nexus to fix it.

NP, understandable.