ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Creating a new patch

AndreChau

I looked at snapbeds and wanted to add a token amount of happiness to each bed, but I don't see a guide and am not sure if fo4edit or the creation kit is what I should be using.

I know roughly how to create a conflict patch, but there's no conflict as such. I just want it to do more than the designer envisioned.

It basicly would work like a conflict patch - as you "overwrite" the "conflicting" part - in this case, the value of happines.

Meaning, your "patch" would only require to have the SnapBeds as master, and the new happines value.

Edited by Sephrajin

Heyas Andre! :smile:

What you are looking to do isn't too hard to do, in Xedit. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/

Open the .esp/esl file in Xedit. By opening Xedit, and then UNCHECKING all the other mods, leaving ONLY The beds mod checked/ticked.

A really fast way to uncheck them all, is to left click once in the list, then hold down the CTRL key, and tap the A key. That will select the ENTIRE LIST.
Once the entire list is selected, tap JUST the SPACE BAR. That will UNCHECK them all. Then CTRL + A again, to unhighlight the list. OOPS. ( That doesn't work. To unhighlight them all, you just left click once inside the list again. That will unhight them. SORRY!) Then just put a check
next to the bed mod, and click OK.

Look for the part of the file in the Left pane that says Activator. Click on the + sign next to it, to expand that part of the tree.

Now find the entry for the bed you want to edit.

The file that I used to take this screenshot is for an all purpose generator. It had the entries and the settings that I wanted you to see. So your file will definitely look different, but the principle is exactly the same.

A picture describes this so much easier. I added notes to the screenshot of where to click, and whatnot.

Its a thumbnail. Clicking on it will take it to the full sized version of the pic. :wink:

0XFHTMjK_t.jpg

OH!

I forgot!

When you right click in there, Xedit will ask you if you are sure you want to edit the file. It will make you wait like, 5 seconds to decide if you do or not, then will show a "Yes" button to click.

After that, you can do whatever you want to in the file.

Also, once you are done editing... On your keyboard, hold down teh CTRL key, and tap the S key, to save your changes. :wink:

Thanks for the replies!

I noticed there was a lot of different "happiness" properties so I don't know how people pick out the right one. I tried looking at the assorted wiki entries but they seem to have been written well before fallout 4.

I tested the one in the screenshot and that seems to be what i wanted, thanks again.

Is there any way to quickly add the same property to a large group of items, or do you have to edit each item individually? Snapbeds has a lot of different bed variants, and it seems a shame if I can't select the furniture group, and add the same property to all of them.

No problem Andre, always glad to help out! Especially when it means helping somebody realize an idea that they want, and help them start on their travels as a modder! :D

Sadly, I do not know of a batch file option, without using scripts. I mean, it Could be that there is one, I just dun't know of it, but I'm only mediocre at this, for this game, LOL.

However.

One thing that will make it a bit less tedious, is opening several of the items at once, and then using drag and drop after doing the "Add" Right Click.

It's a bit tricky at first, till you get the hang of it. But what you want to do is hold down either the SHIFT key, or the CTRL key (It's one of the two, I can't remember exactly for sure atm... not enough coffee yet!) and single click on one the beds in the left pane. While still holding that key down, single click on another one. When done correctly, BOTH items will appear as seperate columns in the Right pane.

For the size of my screen, I can open up 4 items at once, and still have a clear view of what I'm doing. Mileage may vary tho, depending on monitor size, and resolution used).

I open up the one that has the edited modifications first. Then I open up 3 others.

[edit] Disregard this. I remembered a faster way.[/edit]

On the new 3, I go and do the Right Click -> Add.

Now, moving back to the already modified column, I want to put the mouse cursor in that blank spot directly above where it says "WorkshopRatingBonus...."

[Edit] Do this instead[/edit]

On the screenshot that I posted before. That blank spot that I highlighted for the right click here/choose "add"? Put the mouse cursor there, then hold down the mouse cursor and drag and drop it into the next column.

(This will bypass the "add" function and copy over EVERYTHING that is in the PRPS Properties.)

Now hold the left mouse button down, and drag and drop that entry into the next column where the newly added blank is.

Done correctly, this will insta-copy that information, into the new box.

You can even use this method to over-write information that is in those boxes. So you kinda need to be careful not to drop that into the wrong one. Unless that is what you are intending to do. :wink:

Until you start to get the hang of opening two or more of them at once, I'd probly just open 2 at a time.

To start up a new batch, all I need to do, is go back over to the Left Pane, and then click on another entry. This will clear the columns in the right side, and open up Just one that I clicked in the left.

Then I start doing the SHIFT + Single Click (I'm seriously thinking it's shift. I DO apologize if it's CTRL!!) on the other entries that I want to modify.

After that, it's all rinse and repeat until completed. :thumbsup:

Like I said, sometimes a couple of those steps take a tad bit of practice, until you get used to doing it. But it's definitely worth it, as it will drastically shorten up your workflow. :smile:

Oh! And when you're doing the Drag N Drop. That blank area is the anchor point for the information. It's always the open area, directly to the right of the spot/slot/whateverit'scalled for the information packet that you're wanting to use. Regardless of What Kind of info it is. I used to use it a lot for editing NPC presets.

But, what I really wanna point out, is that once that information is there, you can DnD it from ANY of the columns. So when I'm working with 4 columns, I can just DnD from the first column. Then DnD from the 2nd column into the 3rd. From the 3rd to the 4th. KInda... "Leapfrogging" across the screen.

Again, shorten up that tedious workflow ;)