Anniversary Edition worth it; been away for a while.

keyah111

Yes, I've been contemplating whether or not to upgrade to AE, I'm currently still on SE and have watched a couple of videos about the AE updates messing with SKSE and mods having to be updated regularly. Not sure if it's really worth it. Anybody else having positive or negative experience with AE? I'd like to know. Thank You.

I would wait half a year if you have a big collection of mods. Personally, I'm running Skyrim 1.6.353 (seems to be the best version right now for overall mod compatibility for AE).

4 free CC content added to the base game with AE:

Saints & Seducers: A large mod that rivals a full expansion pack, with multiple quests, armor sets, weapons, and enemies. <- lame except new crossbows

Rare Curios: Khajiit caravans get a lot more attractive, with useful items and ingredients imported from around Tamriel. <- boring

Survival Mode: Turn Skyim into a survival-crafting adventure as you stay warm and cook meals to stave off exhaustion and hunger. <- boring

Fishing: adds over 20 aquatic creatures to catch and cook, display, or drop into an aquarium. <- boring

Edited by HedgehogMods31

Which version of SE are you on?

If you're up to date with 1.6.640, then the only difference would be the CC content in the upgrade pack. Which depends on whether or not that content is of interest to you.

I am currently on 1.5.97. and went thru the blocking AE method when it was first introduced, so basically I've never updated and have remained offline with steam ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

I would wait half a year if you have a big collection of mods. Personally, I'm running Skyrim 1.6.353 (seems to be the best version right now for overall mod compatibility for AE).

I'm updated to 1.6.353, deleted all CC content and using USSEP 1.5.97. kek

Wait for the final version of AE to happen and give all mod authors time to update their mods to the final version otherwise you'll just have to update everything all over again at some point.

4 free CC content added to the base game with AE:

Saints & Seducers: A large mod that rivals a full expansion pack, with multiple quests, armor sets, weapons, and enemies. <- lame except new crossbows

Rare Curios: Khajiit caravans get a lot more attractive, with useful items and ingredients imported from around Tamriel. <- boring

Survival Mode: Turn Skyim into a survival-crafting adventure as you stay warm and cook meals to stave off exhaustion and hunger. <- boring

Fishing: adds over 20 aquatic creatures to catch and cook, display, or drop into an aquarium. <- boring

I guess I'll wait on AE, mostly on the problems it is creating for modders and people's load orders. I am beginning to see no real benefit to upgrading right now so I'll hold out a little longer.

• 4 weeks later...