How do I change the mod deploy order in Vortex?

JadianRadiator
Go to solution Solved by showler,

I need mods deployed in a specific order to be bale to trust that Vortex did everything in the order I want it to.

you seem to have some definite opinions on this, so care to explain why you "need" this?

I can.......

A program called GFV needs the esm & esl files placed *BEFORE* the esp files.

Vortex, for some unglodly reson, puts them in BACKWARDS order, meaning that if you install an ESM file & then install an ESP file, the esp file loads FIRST, in load order & plug-ins.

Besides, ESM & ESL files should be at the top of the list anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no, it doesn't. if it did then no-one's game would work. ever.

Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.

The loadorder text file & plugin text file shows them being loaded in the wrong order.

........Unless you say the game somehow no longer uses these files??

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

People are obviously CONFUSING the order you can SORT each COLUMN in Vortex with how they believe Vortex is loading the Mods.

There are little CARAT signs, and DOWN Carat signs next to each COlumn, so you can sort your Mod List, ESP list, by NAME, DATE, INSTALL ORDER, GROUP, etc.

LIKE THIS:

Vortex-Mod-Column.jpg

This COLUMN SORTING inside Vortex does NOT AFFECT the Load Order, or Plugins Txt.

This isn't hard to understand, and works just like any other program where you can sort each Column of Data

I don't understand why people get this confused with actually sorting the load order by actually Sorting the Load order, rather than just clicking the CARATS at the top of each COlumn

EXAMPLE OF PLUGIN COLUMN SORTING (Does NOT affect your actually LOAD ORDER.txt)

Vortex-Column-Sort.jpg

With both of these examples, no matter what column you decide to sort, either ASCENDING or DESCENDING, you will notice that the LOAD ORDER column and the MOD INDEX column (If you sort by NAME or GROUP or FLAGS, will stop being in numerical order such as

Load Order

The column will now look like

Load order

Etc, SAME with MOD INDEX, so Sorting by COLUMNS inside Vortex once again, DOES NOT< and SHOULD NOT, change your PLUGINS.txt, or your LOAD ORDER.txt, because that's not what sorting inside of Vortex by Columns is for.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic