Fallout 4 Water rendering issues

CrashMasterJMM

It took me a while to get through your load order.

Were I to guess I would look at these mods in this order.

• The Crystal Lake - Clean and Reflective Water - The Crystal Lake
  • Build Your Own Pool

The First one I am not familiar with, (therefore I hold it suspect). :tongue:

BYOP generally doesn't cause problems, but may effect water rendering/objects Haven't really checked and don't have it installed ATM.

Try disabling one, or in turn both and see if it doesn't still happen.

Otherwise, be sure to QAC (quick autoclean) each mod, and make sure masters are sorted.

Also: IDK for sure though but I think Unofficial Fallout 4 VR Fix should go way early in your LO.

As a side note: You have A LOT of mods. Could do away with some headaches if you got up on merging some.

Some of those are just so small (though often very useful) they are not really worth the slot or visual space they take up.

Overall it looks like Its a rendering problem and not a texture file.

Having said that, it doesn't hurt to check your fallout 4 vr\data\textures\ folder for anything that looks like it has to do with water. It may be corrupted mipmap data too.

Note: (If you are using MO2, then it's wherever it keeps your actual installed files).

Those are just my inane stabs at the problem, no guarantees. :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a while to get through your load order.

Were I to guess I would look at these mods in this order.

• The Crystal Lake - Clean and Reflective Water - The Crystal Lake
  • Build Your Own Pool

The First one I am not familiar with, (therefore I hold it suspect). :tongue:

BYOP generally doesn't cause problems, but may effect water rendering/objects Haven't really checked and don't have it installed ATM.

Try disabling one, or in turn both and see if it doesn't still happen.

Otherwise, be sure to QAC (quick autoclean) each mod, and make sure masters are sorted.

Also: IDK for sure though but I think Unofficial Fallout 4 VR Fix should go way early in your LO.

As a side note: You have A LOT of mods. Could do away with some headaches if you got up on merging some.

Some of those are just so small (though often very useful) they are not really worth the slot or visual space they take up.

Overall it looks like Its a rendering problem and not a texture file.

Having said that, it doesn't hurt to check your fallout 4 vr\data\textures\ folder for anything that looks like it has to do with water. It may be corrupted mipmap data too.

Note: (If you are using MO2, then it's wherever it keeps your actual installed files).

Those are just my inane stabs at the problem, no guarantees. :teehee:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's been a bit before I could acknowledge it. Will look into all that as soon as I can. I'll keep this thread up to date as best I can on what the results are.

• 3 months later...

Ok... so, I uninstalled the aforementioned mods and ran the game, and even installed another water mod after that... STILL, it's the same result... the water only renders in a small square relative to where I move, as shown in the video I linked in the OP. Does anybody else have any ideas, thoughts... hunches... something?

Edited by CrashMasterJMM

Video doesn't load for me. Just get the little swirly, and that's it.

try again?

Still doesn't wanna load... so, I just downloaded it, and used VLC player... That worked. Yep, seen that before in my games, and I am not using any texture enhancers for water that I am aware of...... I have no clue how to fix it.... I've been dealing with it for some time. I *suspect* it has to do with ini settings for LOD, but, you get random squares that work, and the rest... don't. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Video doesn't load for me. Just get the little swirly, and that's it.

try again?

Still doesn't wanna load... so, I just downloaded it, and used VLC player... That worked. Yep, seen that before in my games, and I am not using any texture enhancers for water that I am aware of...... I have no clue how to fix it.... I've been dealing with it for some time. I *suspect* it has to do with ini settings for LOD, but, you get random squares that work, and the rest... don't. Weird.

:(