Should I do the main quest first then adventure around, or should adve

DragonKingGaav

Usually when I play a Bethesda game I start to diverge from the main quest right when I'm at the point where someone wants me to travel to a place to investigate, but it's not that urgent to go at that moment so I usually take that as a sign for a story break and go off to do my own thing.

The thing about skyrim is the only big world change is when the dragons come, when you get done doing the intro and are allowed to wander arund you are free to without dealing with any dragons. Which for a first time newbie would be a good thing, oh and the part where they do show up is when you travel back to whiterun after dealing with bleakfalls barrow quest for the jarl there just to give you a heads up when ya wanna do some exploring.

I've played 100 hours (total from more than one character) and haven't done the main quest. One of the main reasons is because I watched Tobuscus play the first half and don't feel like watching the cutscenes again. I also got tired of fighting dragons so I installed a mod to turn off random dragons.

200 hours of play on 1 character, saved Tamriel from dragons by not starting main quest line :laugh:

I always focus more on my main character set up and quests that go along nicely then trying to push forward main plot. This way I don't get bored with this game even after starting new characters. Trying some destruction magic? Why not Winterhold Mage College? Going for duelist? There was somewhere an overhaul for Companions guild somewhere on Nexus. In the end I get to experiment with many exciting mods and see the aspects of Skyrim, that I wouldn't otherwise.

I've played 100 hours (total from more than one character) and haven't done the main quest. One of the main reasons is because I watched Tobuscus play the first half and don't feel like watching the cutscenes again. I also got tired of fighting dragons so I installed a mod to turn off random dragons.

Those random dragon encounters are quite the pain. I got pretty tired of them as well.

The main story is one of many adventures you will experience in Skyrim. Unlike the other Bethesda games, it does not end. So plow through the main story line or take a break and wonder around for a bit then continue the main story again if you feel like it. It really depends on you and how you feel you should approach it. Happy Gaming! Laters