Which faction do you dislike the "most"?

StormWolf01

Weird, Mama is the only one trying to help you - though her methods seems to be "non-standard".

The rest? All they want to do is make your existence a misery.

AMEN to that, brother!!

Only Preston is a Minuteman. The very last of 'm (at the start of the game). The others are all civilians. The remaining settlers from 'Jamaica Plains' which the Minutemen tried saving.

Personally I totally dislike mama Junkie. To "far out".

Sturges is the only one who doesn't annoy me.

& I absolutely dislike Marcy way more as Preston. Totally useless & always a big mouth, even if you are just walking by paying 'it' no attention she still thinks she can make dumb comments.

I lost count how many times I shot her in the face in response ...

I put her in a dress, and set her to work farming. :smile:

It's probly already been done. But it makes me think that what she needs is to go into her files, remove her dialog references, change her default expression, and default stance.

Hm. Wonder if I could make her use a mongrel head, while I was at it? :D :laugh: :laugh:

I put her in this. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27185

Once.

It made that RBF of hers even worse.

I think a burlap bag would be more suitable.

Oh? You don't like the big heavy rocks in there? Ignore those for a bit. Ok, now we're gonna go for a walk across the bridge. :D

And Jun. Oy Vey...! That sad sorry sack of (excrement) needs to just be put out of his misery.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcy strikes me as someone trying to protect a weaker sibling. That never portrays well because you never see the real character - just their role.

You hear her comments in the Museum, they are pretty much spot on. Mama Murphy does seem like a complete whacko - and she led them to Lexington where they got bushed.

I could say a few things in her defense, but I really can't bring myself to do it.

I mean, IRL if I let somebody into MY house, MY neighborhood, and they acted the way these people do, and say some of the things they do (Especially Marcy), they'd be getting the good ol' eviction.

OK so you do have a good point there. But, on counterpoint... it was Mama Murphy who had the sight of the attack to start with. Without that, the call for help may not have gone out, and Preston may not have shown up to get them out in time.

Lexington. Ok don't take this personal. We all know that you didn't write that part of the story.

But

Anybody with half a brain would have taken the long route AROUND Lexington, if they had Civilians in tow.

So while I do agree that Murphy had something to do with that.... the MM who agreed to that are just as much, if not more, to blame.

[Edit:] Urm. Wait. I don't remember. Did they still have gunners hot on their heels when they made for Lexington?

I mean, closes largest city would look promising for cover and supplies if you're being hounded. So my comment may have been hasty! [/Edit]

Short answer is I'm trying to remember if the gunners came after Preston and crew out of Quincy or whether they got out without being chased.

Ok so yeah, I did have to look this up. There's 22.8 miles (essentially 23 miles) from Quincy to Concord MA, on the real world map.

Realistically speaking... that is a LOT of ground, on foot. If it was heavy pursuit out of Quincy, it's highly unlikely they'd have made it.

If they managed to sneak out, and avoid pursuit, it's definitely possible they could have made it to Lexington.

Understandably the game map is not to scale with the real world one. But on the game map Quincy is way over towards the east border. Where Concord is more towards the west.

I'd have to listen to Preston's dialogs again (which I am NOT Gonna do) to see if he makes any remarks about them actually giving details about their escape from Quincy.

I seem to recall reading a note/log/whatever on one of the bigwigs computers at quincy, referring to a patrol that was sent after some folks that escaped..... Considering how screwed up my head is right now.... (covid, thank you very much.....) it's entirely possible I am imagining it. :D

Aw dude!! :ohmy:

Here's hoping that you have a minor variant, my brother! And get well soon! Drink lots of Vitamin C!

Me personally, I would think they would have been chased. But ya know.... Bethesda. :wacko:

That and I don't think Marcy could keep her big yap shut long enough for them to sneak out. She'd have to Karen about something or another and blow cover. :laugh:

@HY feel better, what StormWolf Said, Vitamin C, also: + Zinc!

Anyway, just following this thread (again) for a sec, just had to ask, why didn't they duck into Diamond City? Or Goodneighbor for that matter? They're indigenous locals, not fresh squeezed and squirted into the wastelands like you. They know their way around town. Which really doesn't make sense because you lived there before and nothing has moved, didn't you know your way around town already? O wait, that's the other thread about stuff that don't make sense. Anyway, add this to there too then. :thumbsup:

On Topic: The faction I like the least are the Settlers by far, (even more than ferals)! :yucky: Pug-faced, always getting killed, or maimed, or outright destroyed, idiots! Some without even enough good sense to die as would be appropriate in their current situation (beaten and shot by 15 raiders, they keep getting up)! :wallbash: They almost never have anything good to say, no clue what's going on, self-absorbed, horrible conversationalists, no agenda of their own. Or, they have some poor excuse for convoluted side-quests out of nowhere. What? We're friends now? :nuke: Couldn't sucker anyone else in the entire commonwealth at all to do it for you? Sure ask the new guy... He'll do anything. :huh:

Just once I'd like to give a radiant quest of my own. It's called "Go to Hell, You Lazy Rat-Bastards" the quest reward is: they get to die only once. :devil:

Take the settlers out of the equation and the remaining factions could finally have a proper battlefield to work out their differences through a traditionally accepted mode of expression: War. (War never changes)... :turned:

Are you guys conspiring with my wife? If I drink much more OJ, I am going to drown in it. And Zinc has become a staple of my rather limited diet...... I am not doing to bad. Feel like I was run over by a truck, several times...... but, nothing I won't recover from, eventually. It's just takin' longer than I would really like. :D

Thanks for the thoughts though. Much appreciated.

Zinc is good for helping the body heal itself. You can get tablets in the supplements section of walmart, many drug stores, or health stores.

"Fresh squeezed and squireted into the wastelands"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO I love that analogy!

Pretty close to accurate too!

Settlers. "Lazy bastards who do nothing but complain".

Yup. That's a common consensus in regards to our outlook on them.

Grey Garden. Best settlement in the game. The robots do their jobs and don't complain. The cheesy accents and personalities aren't that big of a price to pay for that.

Maybe I better not say that too loud. My boss may start getting ideas about some of us there at work! :laugh:

Faction wars! Oh I LIKE that idea!