Day 1 patches, fixes, cure for the slowness and NMM temporarily down

Dark0ne

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am new here, and new to modding in general. It is proving to be quite the "learning experience".

I saw a post recently that the site would be down yesterday for maintenance. Today, I tried to log in to the Oblivion Nexus site to download a mod (I am doing them all manually right now, because I forgot my password to NMM, and don't know how to change it :tongue:). When I tried to log in, my browser didn't remember my user name, and thought I had changed my password. I was concerned that my account had been hacked. I came here looking for help, but in light of this news and a little reflection, I am now wondering whether my account was hacked, or there is a bug of some kind on the nexus, or if there's something wrong with my browser. Considering that I had no trouble logging in here, it gives me some hope that my account has not been hacked, however, I don't know to what extent my account here is linked to my Nexus Mods pages account, if at all. My apologies if this is an inappropriate place to post this.

I am glad I found this post, as it's good to know about the work being done to the site (I had no idea!), and great to see things posted from the site owner, and to see how engaged he is with everything. Seeing this removes any doubts I might have had about becoming a premium member when I have the means to do so. Thanks for all the work you have done, and are doing. I'm sure there are many, many people who have had, and will continue to have, a great deal of happiness and enjoyment from it.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, and if it's not I would be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction, but I'm having a really weird problem with the Nexus site that I can't seem to find documented anywhere. I can navigate the site easily, and the pages load fast, but when I get to a mod's page and try to click on the "files" tab, or any other tab for that matter, nothing happens. sometimes the tab is highlighted, but I can still only see the content for the description tab. If I try to click on the "Download Manually" button at the top of the page, I just get re-routed to the same page that I am already on, but it scrolls down some. I just want to know if anyone else is having similar problems, and if there is a possible fix for it. Thanks!