The day the weapons turned gold ( gold weapons )

TankDonutsJr

Way to make a guy feel good about saying an idea. The whole point of this request was to see if someone could make a really cool gold re-texture for weapons. Yes I see what is getting people to wonder "What the hell?" on this post, but if it makes it simple, a re-texture would do fine. When I posted this, I was thinking that gold would be pretty cool on a weapon, now yes I know my metals and gold is soft, but was this game really made for realism, I mean there a cat person who talks and walks on two legs. And I guess that's real, right?

I guess next time I wont try to post something people will hate on me for. :sad:

Sorry, Wariotime

Edited by wariotime2

Welcome to game forums, sadly some people act very childish! I personally like your idea. Maybe instead of complete gold retextures what about having said weapons with a white gold color with intricate yellow gold designs. After all the weapons need to be desirable enough to collect them all!

Way to make a guy feel good about saying an idea. The whole point of this request was to see if someone could make a really cool gold re-texture for weapons. Yes I see what is getting people to wonder "What the hell?" on this post, but if it makes it simple, a re-texture would do fine. When I posted this, I was thinking that gold would be pretty cool on a weapon, now yes I know my metals and gold is soft, but was this game really made for realism, I mean there a cat person who talks and walks on two legs. And I guess that's real, right?

I guess next time I wont try to post something people will hate on me for. :sad:

Sorry, Wariotime

Don't apologize. It is not that people don't like your idea, its just that the way you worded it was very confusing for some people. I understood the concept fine, and think that it is not too far fetched. Next time just try to be more consistent and read over your post before posting. And of course people are not going to be super polite on the internet. What do you expect?

You just confused me a hell of a lot, but don't apologise. We're not all bad, Rogvald is just blowing it out of proportion. What about the gold weapons are slightly stronger then silver instead on Ebony? And could have a similar effect

Make it like an artifact, one-of-a-kind. Something like this: There's a dude that knows how to make weapons with the strength of the gods, and he died, leaving the dragon born his life's work, which is the gold weapons. So its not like a regular weapon, it has god-like powers and in the request post I said the weapons would be stronger than dragon, because I'm sure a god can kick a dragons ass or tail..... whatever.

I'm not great with modelling so I can't do any new meshes. I could however, retexture the Iron or Steel weapon sets as gold, and make them super powerful/valuable, and then add them into a few dungeons. If you want I could enchant them too with like "Extra damage to dragons" or "Makes Enemies flee" or something? unless you'd rather keep them unenchanted.

oh cmon little buddy, never wanted to be mean. and in case you want some gold-weapons (without any scripts (quite tricky to be done)) theres already stuff like that out there for sure. i guess the retex that andythelegend offered would be your best choice for the case you have like some swords or other weapons youd really love to see in game in gold :)

Edited by chicky540