Improvman

Not a problem, I just created this account to try and see if I could help out any modders so it seems it was worth it message me when you want to talk about it

I don't know if you missed my previous post, but when collaborating it's important to have an understanding of each persons skill set in a team. Do you have any work you can show so we have an idea of your capabilities, or are you just beginning.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinnergaming I sent a message last week, however I never heard back from you. I'm not sure about the default for notifications, so I want to make sure you know about it.

In the mean time, do you have a deviant art or some other site I can see your prior work?

Well that escalated quickly, looks like help has arrived

Can't wait until it's finished!

BTW is the final mod going to be for Fallout 4 or NV? Or for NV then ported to 4?

I highly doubt it will be that easy as fallout 4 may be on a whole new engine.

Give me a little context here brother, what escalated quickly?

BTW is the final mod going to be for Fallout 4 or NV? Or for NV then ported to 4?

FONV. It's possible models can be ported to FO4 down the line.

In regard to actual assets, I can't develop, with any confidence, for a game that hasn't been released. There will surely (as Rae1Vixen points out) be substantial differences between FONV/FO3 and FO4. It took some time (and new nifscripts) to develop a workflow for Skyrim's nifs when it initially released (including jumping back and forth between various versions of blender for exporting), and I'd imagine it will be teh same for FO4.

FO4 should have at least as many body slots as skyrim though, which would be an advantage. Instead of the armor/outfit having to be custom made and/or additional armor addons for anthropomorphic body parts, specific custom armor pieces can be used for the races.

For example, your probably familiar with mixing and matching pieces of armor for various bonuses and just for looks in Skyrim. If we have at least the same choices in FO4 you can use some of the vanilla armor for the upper body, but have custom footwear for anthros.

Give me a little context here brother, what escalated quickly?

FONV. It's possible models can be ported to FO4 down the line.

In regard to actual assets, I can't develop, with any confidence, for a game that hasn't been released. There will surely (as Rae1Vixen points out) be substantial differences between FONV/FO3 and FO4. It took some time (and new nifscripts) to develop a workflow for Skyrim's nifs when it initially released (including jumping back and forth between various versions of blender for exporting), and I'd imagine it will be teh same for FO4.

FO4 should have at least as many body slots as skyrim though, which would be an advantage. Instead of the armor/outfit having to be custom made and/or additional armor addons for anthropomorphic body parts, specific custom armor pieces can be used for the races.

For example, your probably familiar with mixing and matching pieces of armor for various bonuses and just for looks in Skyrim. If we have at least the same choices in FO4 you can use some of the vanilla armor for the upper body, but have custom footwear for anthros.

I mean, all of a sudden you and the other guy came out of nowhere and were like "I can help."

Also idk about the whole using armor slots thing, a lot more of those are actually used now because armor is no longer a big onesie with a helmet. Armor is split up into various components ala Morrowind apparently.

Can't wait until it's finished!

I highly doubt it will be that easy as fallout 4 may be on a whole new engine.

Actally it is using the Skyrim engine so I'm going to read tutorials on using CreationKit. Fallout 4 however will be a secondary objective.

Edited by Improvman

I mean, all of a sudden you and the other guy came out of nowhere and were like "I can help."

Ah. I'v been part of the thread since early in it's inception, I simply havn't had the time to contribute as much as I wish I could have.....far too many projects. But you can peruse the post and see our discussions.

In re: to Dinnergaming, there are a million reasons RL may have kicked him in the butt and s/he hasn't been able to respond, and I hope s/he does (because even a little help modeling will go a long way on this project). But I'v seen this pattern before, where someone claims to have some skills to help with a project, but has no mods or any kind of work to show and just disappears. I really hope I'm wrong, but it's something I'v seen all too frequently.

a lot more of those are actually used now

I can hang a ton of things off of one slot, that's not an issue. As an example all the meshes you see in the deathclaw anthro I posted above are on one slot, and as much can be added as needed without using a 2nd slot.

Armor is split up into various components ala Morrowind apparently.

Yes and that's what makes it great, as I explained in my post. You see, the more vanilla meshes we use the more compatible the mod is and arguably the less work. If an anthro just needs the equivalent of custom beast shoes/feet, gauntlets/hands and a tail but can use all the other vanilla pieces and parts that's a advantage.

Actally it is using the Skyrim engine so I'm going to read tutorials on using CreationKit. Fallout 4 however will be a secondary objective.

It will be a gamebryo engine with significant improvements over skyrim......many of which you can see in the FO4 trailers. The Skyrim engine will be 4 years old by the time FO4 comes out. As a practical example, the Skyrim engine doesn't even have vats. It will still take some time to tackle FO4 just as it took time to get up to speed when skyrim came out.

Fallout 4 however will be a secondary objective.

Yeah all work is focused on FONV(FO3), but you know down the line models can be ported as well as lore.....

Ugh, long day, but I'll try to touch base in this thread tomorrow or the weekend as I want to gather some opinions on the method the majority want to use in regard to armor addons.

What exactly do you want modeled?

I am not making any promises, but I am playing around in Zbrush just getting myself back into using it again and remembering where all the tools are. Give me an idea of what you want modeled, and if the creative bug strikes me, I will send the model your way.

But like I said, no promises, I am just a Zbrush artist who hasn't used Zbrush in a year and is trying to shake the dust off on my modeling skills.

I am not making any promises, but I am playing around in Zbrush just getting myself back into using it again and remembering where all the tools are. Give me an idea of what you want modeled, and if the creative bug strikes me, I will send the model your way.

But like I said, no promises, I am just a Zbrush artist who hasn't used Zbrush in a year and is trying to shake the dust off on my modeling skills.

Yeah if you were really good it might be worth trying, but if your rusty *and* using Zbrush it's probably not going to be a winning combination. I mean sometimes it's hard to get nifs working 100% correctly via blender and it has a whole order of magnitude better support for fallout than Zbrush.....unless something has changed and Zbrush has new import/export scripts & tools now. Do you have to import and export via Obj?

Up to you brother, I guess it just depends on how motivated you are.

Anyway it's models of anthropomorphic animals and the edited armor for them. We have some races already. Probably should have a little post that's like a mini wiki to list resources.