Improvman

My plan was to base the models on the actual animals. Specifically to avoid making it look like a guy in a suit.

Could you elaborate a bit on that Improvman? We are using human animations right?

I wished to follow up on your offer to collaborate efforts.

Personally I am all for the idea, if you still wish to do so.

However if something has come up, then I apologize for any imposition this message may have caused.

No, no problem at all Improvman, just havn't had any time to mod recently. But I'd like to think I can do a bit of work tonight and possibly tomorrow evening.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they will be human models, however I was thinking that they should be somewhat altered to reflect their nature. For example the hind legs of the Wasatch Red Fox has four toes. While its front legs have five toes, so the hands would stay normal and the toes would be missing a toe.

Preferably I'd make them Digitigrade, however that opens up animation problems, like how to get them to move naturally with extra joints. (I also worry that clothing and armor would have to be redone if this was done.)

As for the head, the top would be taken from the in-game model to ensure that hair fits. However the rest would probably be fitted based on the proportions of the animal's skull. And I plan on making each of them use eye textures fitting their species.

They would be human animations, unless we chose to go down the digitigrade path. Because then only the top half would work with the animations.

Edited by Improvman

• 1 month later...

Hey, this isn't dead, is it? I kow it's been a month since someone posted, but I'm really looking forward to this mod.

Do you think this will be able to work for FNV as well as FO3?

Nope not dead, working on armor, while I we figure out whether to use a workbench or script it to the models.

BTW some of the conversation is going on http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/451632-the-burrows/

Currently removing shoes from the game armors.

(female 27% done)

(male pending)

Edited by Improvman

• 2 months later...

You know I don't see any mention of a arctic (White) Fox.

Honestly the closest thing we have to any of these races is Krystal and miyu from starfox and to be bluntly honest their heads suck.

yeah but that's NOT in fallout 3 also I don't think those work with custom hair now the older one did work with custom hair.

Edited by Rae1Vixen

I'm attempting a equine related anthro-FEV story, and getting help with it (even from the original author) has been rather difficult. I can only offer so much help to you, but It's not entirely clear what I can offer you that you might not already have.

This doesn't have anything to do with a certain tv show does it? /)

@733

they need to be for fallout 3 and new vegas to make them truley popular there is a link to the fox race mods above in the first post.

(Sorry for double post I messed up) XD

No problem, I'll address your posts in order.

Arctic foxes would be located in Alaska therefore it would be unlikely for them to desire the long trek to D.C. Could be added as an Operation Anchorage related add-on though.

• If no other bio-science organizations are available, then West Tek could have an outpost there for the war effort.
  • A facility like that would probably be located on a military base as to avoid bio-weapons in Chinese hands.
  • BoS hasn't gone that far north, so they would be the strongest faction there. And have access to power armor and energy weapons.

The last point fits in with the answer to the next part:

My plan is to make two lore-friendly versions where certain species are available in FO3 and others in FNV. Determined by how close they are to the events, and whether it would make sense for them to travel there.

However on each one there would be a version containing all of the species, for those who wanted to play with one not found in the location.

As for updates I have the models made, but I've never made an armor/race mod, and I'm lost on what to do with them. (*Edit* I meant the armor pieces for type 3 and breezes male)

Edited by Improvman