Pirates Cove - Trying to revive this mod!

Tehandyman

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just posting this here to give ideas/direction about Pirate's Cove:

Idea's for Pirate's Cove questlines:
Backstory:
You're a shipwrecked pirate, stranded without crew, without a ship, and most importantly, no booty!
So what to do then? Your first goal is to get some booty, to attract some pirate scum!
Quest One:
1. Everything that glitters -
You steal whatever you want, from where ever you want, from whoever you want until you have at least 5,000 gold and a high bounty in 3 holds. Once this is accomplished, you get a message from a carrier about a shady scumbag who has heard of your plunder and wants to join, he also knows of a pirate town, but you'll have to work to get there.
Once you have a pirate pal, you both realize your hungry...
Quest Two:
2. Every Pirate Gots To Eat - Every decent pirate has a decent Chef
You and or another pirate go into Windhelm (why because it's close to Pirate's Cove) to steal the best chef in Skyrim. The chef will be added or can be an already existing chef in one of the palaces. After gaining the chef, the chef can give you quests for meat and ingredients he'll need to keep your scurvy at bay! (Special item: Oranges)
Once you have your chef, he will appear in the pirate cove, working their on his own will after being swayed by the massive amount of treasure he sees to be gained from working with you. After getting a chef, it's serious, you can go out and get more crew members if you have the UFO mod, or if you don't then, screw it and go solo or with your pirate buddy and go plunder till you've got enough to get a ship constructed. The ship will require more than just gold, however there are shipwrights and laborers in Pirate's Cove that you can pay to gather the needed wood and such. If Hearthfire is included in this mod, then we can get more tricky with what's necessary to build the ship, such as nails, glass, etc.
Quest Three:
3. Yarg, I needs me a ship! - Get 20,000 gold any way you can to get your ship built
After you have a ship, the serious plundering begins, a line of quest can be made that focus on stealing women, specific women who are said to be the finiest, such as Carlotta in Whiterun, maybe the Jarl chick in Solitude, fine treasure and setting towns on fire if you so desire. After stealing women, they are converted into pirates back at the cove found wearing sweet pirate swag.
Furthermore, inside the Underground Market there are merchant pirates who will buy specific stolen items, but of course, some of them may be in prison or elsewhere, they'll need to be brought back to Pirate's Cove (where they truly want be).
Goal Quest:
4. Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of fun! - Plunder, plunder, plunder...
Once you have a ship you can compete with the other factions in Pirate's Cove, specifically for the Pirate King's loungue and suite. The possibility for quests here is grand, there could be a fight between the two, but then that would piss off the entire pirate town for going against the one and only rule of who gets to be called the "Pirate King". The best route is to out do the current Pirate King by gaining the respect of the Nord, Argonian, and Khajit merchant pirate factions.
Possible ways of doing this may be to capture people and put them in the underground market, where gallows and chains can be seen, either killing pirate enemies in Pirate's Cove on display or making slaves of normal people. It's suppose to be a place that creates fear and respect from the populace of Skyrim. It's part of being pirate scum.
5. The Bloated Eye Brewery
There is a giant brewery for Pirate's Cove's drinking needs. There is a constant need for more brewing ingredients. The more you bring, the more they drink, the more the cove respects you. The fastest you become the Pirate King.
6. Skooma Factory
Much like the brewery, but with a different result on the followers you choose as pirates from Pirate's Cove. More violence, etc...

Sorry if this spoils anything, but I don't know how to actually create the spoiler thingy...Anyway, here's some glimpses of something I whipped up today...part of the escape tunnel from Pirate's Cove (more to come):
http://artparker.com/misc/tunneller1.jpg
http://artparker.com/misc/backentrance.jpg

Do we have a track list of what everybody has worked on thus far? If so, I'd like to see it categorized. Such as:

Quests:

(Modder's name - name of quest)

Interiors:

(Modder's name - name of interior)

etc...

I feel like some people have made some mods for this and they haven't seen the light of day, it would be good to get everyone on track. Especially if I'm going to invest more into this project, which I am. So if you've worked on something send MJAB98 or I a message with a link to your work or an update, thanks!

I'll lend a pen on writing dialogue if you need it.

Also, Live Another Life compatibility would be excellent.

Could you please message MJAB98, he's organizing modders...he's working on a couple of quest lines, so he can direct you on some dialogue, thanks! Also yes I use Live Another Life like crazy and had that in mind...