Best games music

RSD91

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...lets see here. My personal favorites...

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Remixes and orchestrations of all of Nintendo's classics and more. Don't deny it! The soundtrack is arguably one of the best parts of this game. Too many to list.

-Blazblue and the Guilty Gear series by Arcsys feed my inner metal/rock fan. I'm a particular fan of this track, as a violin player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Jredj3n7k&feature=related

-The Tales of... series has been a host to some memorable soundtracks. strike105x probably agrees with Meaning of Birth, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLGbgSZK4I

-The Halo series is great too. Marty's done a good job, especially in ODST. I really like that version of "Rain" with the saxophone, but forgot the exact title.

-Assassin's Creed has a marvelous soundtrack as well. Both I and II are worth a listen. Check out the chase themes and "Ezio in Florence" is what I like to listen to while wandering in the Wasteland.

-Mass Effect series.

- Modern Warfare 2 has a great soundtrack by Han Zimmers. Really like the Boneyard music. So sad.

- Fallout 3 has a great soundtrack, albeit repetitive.

That's it for now.

Some more:

- Bayonetta has a very interesting soundtrack. I wouldn't say it is worth listening to outside the game, but if you play it...well, you'll see what I mean. The game itself is a 180 of Devil May Cry, and more, basically.

- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell has a nice main theme. One can hear it near the end of the game.

- Has anyone ever played the Wiiware game Bit.TRIP Runner? Or the series? I got recommended by a friend and the gameplay can be very frustrating, but the soundtrack is quite interesting as well.

- Battlefield has that memorable tune that everyone really wanted for Bad Company 2. I enjoy the string rendition for the first one.

Video games are so big now, like movies, they get original soundtracks composed and played by many talented people. Everything now days is basically good to me. If anyone really likes video game music, check out ocremix.org. But yes, I do listen to other music.

Tetris! no contest :thumbsup:

But yeah I also loved Resident Evil 1 music, it was so dark and amazing.

Hitman: Blood money had the best intro music.

Tetris music IS awesome. Have you ever heard Super Smash Bros. Brawl's arrangement of Type A and Type B? Beautiful stuff; that's what I call epic Tetris.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the music to Tetris does have lyrics filled with Russian propaganda from the time which it was made in. Thought it was interesting.

Did anyone mention Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain?

• 1 month later...

Easy choise for me:

Lucas Arts - The Dig.

Only game soundtrack I ever bought. I still listen to it regulary many many years after the game came out.

The music is beatiful and matches the lonely dusty groove of the ancient alien world in The Dig perfectly.

Unmatched IMO.

"Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the music to Tetris does have lyrics filled with Russian propaganda from the time which it was made in. Thought it was interesting."

I wouldn't be surprised. Tetris was made by Russians, in that time period.

To the list!

First, the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack. A great collection of original pieces by a VG music mastermind.

Coming second is the Metro 2033 OST. The only reason it's not first, is that many songs are the same as the title music, only edited a bit.

Third would have to be Mafia 2 soundtrack, with a great choice of music appropriate to the time.

Fourth (And final) is CoD 6. Gameplay got rubbish after a while, but the music still plays on in my head. Most memorable were the Oil Rig mission and the Helicopter scene in the invasion. (Before the crash) That was badass.

Honorable mention to the Battlefield series theme music. That is an unforgettable track.

Edited by CommanderCrazy