Minutemen Quests

mrjoeave13

is their a way to quit the Minutemen ?

You can just stop doing their quests and join another faction.

there is no punishment in the game for that other than less of a feeling of accomplishment.

But there are some mods that help you limit the constant barrage of quests:

This here works real well to get a breather and spend some time exploring while still supporting the most moral group in the comonwealth.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39575

Edited by 363rdChemicalCompany

Mods.Only mods.Because this is not an RPG.

This is a linear shooter.All so called choices in this game mean nothing and change nothing.

Bethesda didnt even give you a choice with munimen.Sure you can just leave them at the museum

and go about your business.But their dumbass quest will remain in your journal forever.

Best immersive way to get rid of them is thuggy mods.Which allow you to kill Preston.

Struges is immortal but you can relocate him to another settlement.

Only way to get rid of mama murphy is drugs.

There is a way not to join them until you are good and ready to "save the Commonwealth" - and still get your quest reward at the Museum instead of triggering the next quest in Sanctuary. It's the latter that probably derails most peoples inclination to just go find your boy like you initially set out to do.

Edited by fraquar

Mods.Only mods.Because this is not an RPG.

This is a linear shooter.All so called choices in this game mean nothing and change nothing.

Bethesda didnt even give you a choice with munimen.Sure you can just leave them at the museum

and go about your business.But their dumbass quest will remain in your journal forever.

Best immersive way to get rid of them is thuggy mods.Which allow you to kill Preston.

Struges is immortal but you can relocate him to another settlement.

Only way to get rid of mama murphy is drugs.

Calling it a linear shooter is a bit over the top, although I personally call any 'RPG' using 1st or even 3rd person view instead of isometric a 'shooter'.

but it aint linear and you do have a few choices that will change the outcome.

The game definitely suffers from the same nonsensical side quest overload as any other RPG.

I set out to find my kid, pronto, not to save every last settler of the commonwealth. Sure, AFTER I found my kid, ok.

If you chose to do all possible quests (and you MUST do at least a whole bunch to level up high enough), by the time you find Shaun, its been over a year since you thawed.

Pretty much as realisitc as radstorms and irradiated oceans.

It's an action/adventure game with RPG elements......

That is probably the last thing it is.

What role do you have to play?

The deadbeat parent that doesn't give his kid the time of day to bother to even try to find him?

Meh, let me go help these schmucks help these people who can't help themselves.....

Meh, let me help these military wannabe zealots....

Meh, let me help these people who are really disturbed thinking that artificial intelligence has a soul that needs saving....

Oh sure, let me help the Commonwealth Boogeyman - yeah, that is the ticket.

Or? Go find your boy, and ignore the rest of the game and break about 1/2 the main "faction" questlines in the process....

There is no role, but the role they want you to play.

The deadbeat parent that doesn't give his kid the time of day to bother to even try to find him?

Meh, let me go help these schmucks help these people who can't help themselves.....

Meh, let me help these people who are really disturbed thinking that artificial intelligence has a soul that needs saving....

Or? Go find your boy, and ignore the rest of the game and break about 1/2 the main "faction" questlines in the process....

RPG elements. It's NOT an RPG. That much is obvious. That wen the way of the dodo with Skyrim...... But, even the previous games, nothing you did had much effect on the game world. You essentially 'save the world' in both Morrowind, and Oblivion, (and Skyrim as well...) but, after that, you are just another nobody, that everyone treats EXACTLY the same. Well, except maybe for the Adoring Fan..... :D

Which all is pretty typical for an RPG. A linear shooter wouldn't bother with all that 'side stuff', unless its needed to find your kid.

(& you would most likely be unable to travel around the entire game-world sandbox.)

As much as I liked FO3, except for the original ending (its your destiny (to die, even though I'm immune) Fawkes / Charon) - that did kill the game for me, untill they fixed it. I must admit I disliked FO4 as soon as I crawled from cryo. (The "come on, come on" part realy made me cringe)

Looked ok again after that for a few minutes, until you meet the most annoying character(s) in RPG history ...

I only completed the main story ones & hated it from start to finish. (to much illogical BS)

Its the CK that keeps me going.

...but I do agree with HeyYou. Its an action/adventure game (well, a bit low on action, but ok) with (a lot) RPG elements.

As for the role play... sure, you can't choose a 'class' like 'mage', 'warrior', 'ranger' or 'thief' but you do get to choose to be a total yerk, or goody two shoes and change the future for the entire commonwealth. (in multiple ways) - thats pure roleplay still.