Bigger one-handed weapons

Kardithron

thats because the weapon (static) consists of 2 files. you have to change the scale of the entry under "weapon" which i think you did, but i would be you didnt know about the entry under "static" in the ck. it looks like "1stpersonorcishdagger". scale them both EXACTLY the same way and your problem should be solved.

thats because the weapon (static) consists of 2 files. you have to change the scale of the entry under "weapon" which i think you did, but i would be you didnt know about the entry under "static" in the ck. it looks like "1stpersonorcishdagger". scale them both EXACTLY the same way and your problem should be solved.

Hm... I see these objects in CK. But I cannot see anything about scaling in both of them. I were using "setscale" command via console in game. Could you tell me what exactly should I change?

If you don't find a CK / ingame solution try this...

You need 2 tools, just google for them: FO3 Archive Utility, NifSkope

FO3AU, open Skyrim - meshes.bsa in ...Skyrim\data\, select and extract the meshes folder to a random place like your desktop. Now open the weapon you want to change - like meshes\weapons\iron\1stpersonirondagger.nif with NifSkope.

Click on 0 BSFADENODE and down below in the block detail window change SCALE to whatever you want, like 1.2 (in the video i used x10), afterwards rightclick on 0 BSFADENODE and TRANSFORM => APPLY. Now the mesh size has changed, but the scale was set back to 1...the new size is x1 now, keep that in mind if you want to change it again.

Like when you set scale to 10 and TRANSFORM => APPLY it will be the new scale 1. If you want to change it back to the original size you would have to enter 0.10 and TRANSFORM => APPLY.

You could click on the NiTriShape of the sword / sheath / blood effects as well and change each Scale on its own, then you wouldnt need to use TRANSFORM => APPLY, but you have to change each mesh on its own...takes longer.

Now save this new nif to the fitting folder structure like in this case: \Skyrim\data\meshes\weapons\iron\1stpersonirondagger.nif if you want to change the world/NPC model as well you have to save the same file just as irondagger.nif as well. To undo the changes just delete the .nif file you just saved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjw6R_NLBc&feature=youtu.be

greetings

RaceMenu also allows you to resize all of your one handed weapons if I recall.

Yeah, you recall well. Unfortunately it does not work with drawn weapon. :-(

If you don't find a CK / ingame solution try this... [...]

Thank you very much! I used your method and managed to scale axes. Now they looks great. :-)

New idea came to me. Does anyone know how can I modify .nif file of 2hander to make it 1hander? I can see that there are a lot of meshes like this in the net and I wonder how can I make them.

Big 1handed waraxes are great but small 1handed battleaxes are even greater. ;-)

EDIT: Ok, it seems that I managed to do this! I've changed two parametres using NifSkope:

Unknow Short 1: from 0 to 8

3 NiStringExtraData: from WeaponBack to WeaponAxe

It works fine for now.

Edited by Kardithron