Weird ear issue Oblivion Character Overhaul v2

Risu247

Hey, so recently I got back into Oblivion modding and I installed OCO v2 along with the seamless version, advanced edition and the Lore-friendly hair replacer for v2 and everything looks great apart from the ears, the ears are a different colour and it's driving me nuts. I have SkyBSA and it still won't work. I've even tried moving my whole Oblivion path from C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion to C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion and still nothing. What is it that I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Picture of the problem below.

https://imgur.com/a/h2sZ19M

Edited by Dubstep123

Open the race you're playing in cs, see the ear texture path. if there's no texture by this path use some bsa unpacker to extract it from oblivion-textures bsa and put to cs path. Next you need any raster graphic editor with dds plugin or support. Open ear texture and shift color\brightness\contrast to match your body texture. Sounds complicated but in reality this should take few seconds

You will notice that under different lighting the 'condition' changes. The closest I have ever come to a reasonable explanation was on the old original Oblivion Reloaded mod comments. Alenet (OR's originator) found that ears aren't lit by the same source as the rest of the NPC ... but I have no way to confirm or refute that claim.

It just another one of those situations where my patented 'selective vision' is worth it's weight in gold. I notice what I choose to notice.

Okay thanks a lot guys, yeah Ice after looking into it for around 2 days I think you're right, the ears for both the high elf and wood elf seem to stand out to the point that it looks like a bug / issue but It's actually just supposed to be like that. The race with the best ears with this mod is by far the dark elf. My mind can rest now lol.

Bretons will also show it, though for some reason Imperials aren't affected (yet they both use Imperial textures).

I've been tweaking the Lighting settings for cells that I use regularly for NPCs that I 'befriend' and when more of the scene lighting comes from that ambient light and less from the individual light sources (I have customized light intensity for many of the commonly found candles/area lights etc) my house guests with the ear thing aren't as obvious much of the time.

When their ears are lit up I just focus on other 'parts'.