Quest Creation Help, Please! Almost finished!

FatalxSyn

Alright, so I figured out how to get the scripts and words to show up right. Now I just need to figure out one more thing and was hoping to get some help.

It is just a house purchase quest and the only thing I have left to figure out is how to have gold taken out of the player's inventory and the house key added at the right time.

Here's the dialogue options:

Player: I'd like to purchase a house..

NPC Response: Of course, [house name] is available for 25,000 gold.

Player: Sounds great. I'll take it.

NPC: Great! Here's key to the house! (This is when I need the gold to be removed and the key added to the player's inventory, but I am unsure as to how to get it to work.)

And after that last option is selected, the quest stage changes and a quest objective pops up saying, "Visit your new home, [house name]"

So, all I need to know is how to have the gold removed and the key added.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/Syn_gaia/OutsideView_zps0d498a89.jpg

(Sorry if you were hoping for someone else...) Have a look at the script fragment section of the dialogue topic Faralda uses to sell the player spells when they don't know them. If you open Faralda's dialogue, it's the branch\topic -> MG01NiryaSpellBranch\MG01NiryaStage10SellSpell. Pick one of the responses and you should see how it works. Just keep in mind when you first make the script, you'll get an error. Once you've gotten the error, the script will appear on the right so you can make the properties to fix those errors. It'll be the same for your house. To get the objective to appear, that'll have be on the stage you set the quest to. In its script fragment, use "setobjectivedisplayed(objective index to show, 1)". If the objective associated with the index has a target, it'll appear. A simple quest you can look at to see those things is That Was Always There. Note that where you see "FavorAccepted()" you'd normally see SetObjectiveDisplayed(10, 1) but FavorAccepted() automatically does that. You can still see it used in stage 15, though.

No, you're fine. Thanks for helping again! You helped me the first time around, I just needed a little more information on the key and gold exchange is all.