Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

In an ideal world it would be amazing to see the temple go through several transitions, where it's built up slowly but surely. But I imagine that's very demanding and difficult technically.

But for the sake of simplicity maybe leave the broken rumble but have a few generic npc's that comment on the pillars and fixing them?

Also nice :P with the Auroran

I also really like the purifying idea presented by shadowm4ster, but I imagine there you need to be cautious of the workload?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I must say that it's going to be a lot more work to have more versions of the ruins. Even adding NPCs talking about the pillars and stuff will take time since they will need custom dialogues as well. I have to focus on the more important characters. xD

I don't really have the skill to have full new dungeons/temples to be cleared up. I'm planning on making a rival-like random encounter though to balance out all the stuff I had Meridia reward the player for her quest. lol I made three new pretty cool Restoration spells though and put two of the tomes in places where the player should find some challenge. Up to the player to find or happen upon the tomes, or look at the location spoilers. lol Here's a not-so-spoiling screenshot of one of the spells.

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/72862-6-1457514545.jpg

Defnitely. Keep chipping away slowly at the mod over time and you never know what it might become! Modders may join your cause later on (fingers crossed). Keep posting meaningful updates like this too :).

Nice idea with the encounter too, love little bits like that.

You know, you could do a treasure hunting quest to top it all up, like you hunt for the lost/corrupted artifacts of Meridia. Some holy armor or something, or some aesthetic stuff that will beautify the temple, at least this way, you don't have to bother about major retexture, just adding new resources. Although that's just about the same trouble to undertake ahaha. xD

But think the way Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, added quests to Oblivion, it's quite the handbook for quest modding.

Edited by shadowm4ster

Ambitious ideas. xD :) Unfortunately I have not the time nor the internet speed to download a lot of resources. I only just use whatever I find on the Creation Kit, without extracting the game bsa's. There is one armor/clothing resource though that comes to mind.

Anyway, I had the doors linked to the gem pedestals locked again in the cleaned interior, so the player must activate them again to get through the ruins. :3 I still don't know what to do with the large space we have now that there are no enemies. lol I don't really have the time and ideas for more NPCs just yet. I can just place random NPCs but that's uninspiring. *shrug* I don't know if I should put beds though and where to put them.

13010593_10209403985039177_8681299562492

Still haven't done any more voice acting recently. But I'm nearly done with the second new character's look. Multiple visual effects are not easy to mess with. >.<

No rush :) the mod will grow organically then. Personally haven't played skyrim since around release and I'd like to have my first modded playthrough as new to me as possible so can't help with the bed placement unfortunately.

I'm an aspiring modder myself, yet won't be starting for several months yet. However I have found that ideas for my planned mods have came in waves to me, and developed over time, so don't rush it :D you're doing good man!

Done some recording today. :) Not a lot, but better than none. :3 I'm also content with how the second new character looks, and with her spellset.

Here's a teaser photo:

12987220_10209422267376224_1876685675136

I don't want to spoil everything, but ghost visuals ftw~

13006459_10209422434020390_7532934772704

Recording dialogue regularly. :3 I have some questions to ask though:

1. This visual or the one in the last reply for Vyrmilion the Auroran? (Currently, the true Vyrmilion looks like this while his summoned Mirror Images look like the ones in the previous screenshot.)

13006619_10209455791374303_8363935997444

2. Should I release a beta with what I've accomplished so far which is: a cleaned temple and two new (non-player) characters?

Speaking of which, here's another teaser photo for the 2nd new character:

13006551_10209455792734337_2764709902561

CONTENT SPOILERS ahead but feel free to read if you want to help me end my indecisiveness and straighten up my plans:

1. The 2nd new character (in the photo above) is Nylhac, a powerful Storm mage and the 'Arch-Invocation' of Violet. She will be in the Kilkreath Catacombs where you will have to defeat her if you are to earn her allegiance. Once defeated, her Conjuration spell tome must be taken. As it stands now, she is rather difficult to defeat as her damage output is high but her armor/resistance is low. It is also hard to attack or aim at her because of her constant light spell + semi-transparent visual + the lighting in the Catacombs. She also has a shock+fear aura which means melee followers will have problems engaging her. Her summoned version is slightly weaker though, for balance.

Question: Should I add more challenge by adding some 'Storm Aurorans' in the Catacombs?

2. The 'Arch-Invocations' are a minor made-up lore detail. There are seven of which that represent each color of the rainbow - Escarlet (Red), Vyrmilion (Orange), Denthelyoun (Yellow), Vheridian (Green), Xaeruleus (Blue), Yndikos (Indigo), and Nylhac (Violet). Currently there are two added: Vyrmilion and Nylhac. I may or may not be able to add the rest. xD Just wanted to share that.

3. The 1st new character which I shared a photo of previously is named Kharizesthe. Seth the Acolyte, in other words. He has custom spells too and keeps a secret of his own which I will not tell of now. xD His Candlelight spell though automatically shows up when the 'level of light' is too low.

4. No progress towards the random encounter plan yet, but it's either another powerful necromancer or an assassin hired to kill the Champion of Meridia.

(Edit on 6/27/2023: So I wanted to visit the forums after a long time and found this thread again, and apparently I incorrectly said 'Indigo' for Nylhac instead of 'Violet'. lol Also for some reason, many of the hosted images are gone. Welp.)

Edited by Caerulean

For the first question about mirror image of Equinox:

I think this summon should look like Equinox. Cuz let's be honest, in Oblivion ALL Aurorans looked the same so why not in Skyrim :D

For the second question:

Maybe you should work a little bit on it and then release the beta. Just to make sure everything works in a good way :D

And about "Storm Aurorans":

I don't mind, personally, but don't give them like super health cuz some mods have enemies with almost god like health. Other than that, I like the idea :D

Edited by Luthien959