⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

^ Interesting. I've actually seen that thread before, but personally I don't like adding too much non-vanilla stuff into the game. I can help with some writing and voice-acting, maybe. lol I just really want a mod that adds a faction for Meridia. The Nephilim Race mod satisfies me for now in terms of feeling like a holy character. Still, I'd like to hear if any of these ideas have been picked up but a skilled modder. :smile:

Yeah, i'm hoping it will be a lore friendly mod. I never really liked "new race" mods.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll take a look at your mods. I don't usually do follower mods as I still use the last version of the original UFO and it can be buggy with DG/DB followers as well as follower mods, and I usually use Jenassa and a few other stealth-capable followers from the Vanilla base game.

But it's worth taking a look! :D

Thanks! Both of my follower mods do not affect the stealth meter so I hope that works out. :)

I know this is indirectly related, but can anyone help me revert the 'fix' done by USLEEP/USKP which turns off the light beams at Kilkreath Balcony after Meridia's quest?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I've been sort of busy since a long time. I keep getting updates on this thread and I'm just glad that some people are still interested. :) I don't have Skyrim installed on either of my laptops right now but I plan on getting that done in the next month or two.

I'd love to see somebody make this mod as I really think it's something that is missing in the storyline.

Welcome back, I guess. :) I didn't wanna keep replying to a thread where no one else replies, but still I don't want this idea to die. I also managed to make a small mod that keeps the balcony lights on even with USLEEP.

Cleaning up Kilkreath Temple may be something I can pursue, and also a small quest, but real life is keeping me from pursuing these creative endeavors even more.

I just recently finished v2.2 of my Auroran of Meridia mod and it's my best attempt so far at making the player feel like an actual Champion of Meridia, along with my Meridia's Spectre mod. :) I hope to be able to do the stuff I mentioned, someday, but if there's someone more able, that'd be awesome~

• 1 month later...

Attempting to clean up the temple. :) However, I am pretty much clueless with scripting...

I need a script that:

a. Disables/Deletes several objects after a quest; OR

b. Changes door(s)' teleport reference after a quest (preferred).

I found this - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyrimCKPublic/discussions/0/558746089510839261 - which was intended to teleport the player to a different door after a quest, but it either doesn't work or I couldn't get it to work. -.- I attached it to the doors but they still would teleport me to where it was referenced to. If Teleport is unchecked, they would not teleport the player at all.

Please help, and thanks in advance. :)

You could use the disable function and loop through a formlist/array, but that does make the references persistent, which isn't great. A better option might be to attach all of the refs that you want to delete to an x-marker, using it as an enable parent and just use disable on that.

Edit: Dear god, the spelling. Too much vodka.

Edited by NorthHare

Hello. Thanks for the response. :smile: Can you give me a step-by-step tutorial for this? Consider me a CK noob. lol I haven't touched a lot of aspects of it, especially the Render and Cell windows.

I'll be attempting this method after I give the door script one more shot.

Edited by Caerulean

Sure! It's really simple and either method (dis/enabling objects in the existing cells or switching doors) is basically the same:

1. Drag an 'XMarker' from the Objects Window (WorldObjects\Static) into the first Kilkreath Ruins cell (whichever exterior cell contains the main temple entrance) in the Render Window. This is basically going to be your master switch.
  2. For every ref that you want it to affect: open that ref, go to the 'Enable Parent' tab and select your XMarker ref in that tab (Tip: If you set your XMarker ref's 'Reference Editor ID' and prefix it with an underscore, e.g. '_MeridiaRedoneEnableMarker', it'll be way easier to find in the dropdowns). If you want the current ref to be enabled after the quest is finished, check the 'Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent' box. Leave it unchecked to disable the ref after the quest.
  3. Attach a script to the XMarker ref to tell it when to toggle. e.g:
Scriptname WhateverYouNamedYourMarkerScript extends ObjectReference

Quest Property DA09 Auto

Event OnCellAttach()
    If !IsDisabled() && DA09.IsCompleted()
        Disable()
    EndIf
EndEvent

Done!

I haven't actually tested that script, but I think it'll compile.

If you're planning to duplicate every interior cell in Kilkreath, you could just duplicate the main exterior door and attach the above script to the original. Then change the teleport destination on your duplicate door and set the original as its enable parent, with the opposite enable state.

The best method just depends on how much individual fiddling you plan to do.

Hope that helps. :)

I'll go for the Door method :smile: since deleting things in the duplicate cell view seems much easier. I actually got the Door script I mentioned previously to work, but it seems glitchy, so I'll go with yours. I'm also working on the first NPC inside the 'cleaned' (duplicate) temple so good luck to me~

I'm doing this whole endeavor as an update to my Auroran follower mod.

Removals and changes in the 'cleaned' temple include:

• blood and bones
  • corpses
  • enemies (corrupted shades and Malkoran)
  • black mist
  • traps (trap evidences remain) and other triggers
  • urns and chests (replaced with empty ones)
  • broken urn pieces
  • dungeon music (except the ambiance sounds)
  • doors are all unlocked but the pedestals need to be reactivated

*Other toppled/broken objects remain.

I'll update you regarding your script if it worked as soon as I can test it out. Anyway, I didn't think duplicating objects in the exact same place was possible so I dismissed the idea until you mentioned it. Thanks for that and for your help. :smile:

UPDATE: The script won't seem to work. Hmm... The original door(s) is still there and teleports me to the original interior cell(s).

Edited by Caerulean