Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

1. That was Vyrmilion and his 'Mirror Images' are only weaker copies of him. Just not sure if they should all be semi-transparent or not, or if Vyrmilion should not be semi-transparent while his mirrors are. xD

2. Yes, I agree, I should work on it a bit more before releasing a beta. :3

My reason behind this idea is to make it feel like it isn't so easy to complete Nylhac's challenge. Skilled players will likely see her weakness fast enough and then find her too easy to defeat.

My other idea is to prevent followers from entering the Catacombs so that it will be a true challenge to the Champion of Meridia alone. But then non-tanky player characters will probably have so much trouble. *shrug* Equinox's melee damage honestly makes short work of Nylhac. What is your opinion?

13007214_10209455790814289_3630492141993

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! Nice! :D

Meridia looks so powerful! :D Like a true goddess of light!

And the temple also looks cool! An awesome reward from Meridia as she allows you to live in her temple. And being angry at you cuz you bring mud there from your boots XDD

#teasers xD

I put three bedrolls (two of which are owned) and a bed for the player now, also a filler NPC. Hopefully I can get the AI packages to work. :3

In other news, I haven't been able to do any recording this week, unfortunately. -.- More on getting things to work for now, adjusting dialogue, and AI packages.

Nylhac's fear aura stopped working on Equinox for some reason and I can't get it to work on him again. -.- So here I am trying to compensate for that by buffing Nylhac...

Other minor stuff (so this reply isn't much of a waste lol; let's make each reply worth it):

Equinox and Vyrmilion got some height increase :3, and I added a subtle glow effect to Equinox. Hopefully I'm not adding too many visuals to these characters for realism/immersion. Also deleted a couple of distracting objects. I also have this (duplicate) actor which should enable when the original dies (via opposite Enable Parent) but no success yet.

And here's another screenshot of Seth in combat:

12963663_10209403984919174_6677504927742

Edited by Caerulean

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man. I meant to reply to this ages ago, your mod is growing :D! I like the additional minor lore, and also I don't think the effects you have will make it looks too unrealistic, they are conjured by divine spirits no?

I like the idea of not having companions able to follow. People can always come back later when they are a higher level/ use smarter tactics. You don't want to make it too easy. If you ever do end up getting into making new resources a set of armour or robes would be neat. Or maybe make the equinox characters look even better!

You seem to capable of AI packages and npc interactions, maybe you could think of adding a feature where you 'appeal' to new followers of meridia?

Keep that motivation up buddy!

Hello again! I think the mod update in its current state is almost ready for a beta. :smile: Still needs polishing and a lot more of new dialogue though to better flesh out the two new voiced characters, and hopefully more for Equinox and Vyrmilion.

Unfortunately, with my time and skills, it seems I won't be able to add as much more content as I'd like (for now), without getting outside help. Adding a feature where you can recruit additional faction members is awesome and I've always wanted that, but will require more time and skills. >.< I can't make new resources but there are some available here on the site which I may use in the future.

Anyway, updates:

The three bedrolls in the Temple are now beds and are moved to the free space at the side of the first locked door. The bed inside the room in the Ruins is now properly owned by the player character and gives the Well Rested bonus. Also added a spit for cooking in the Ruins. (Chests are all owned by the player and traps are 'disabled', like I said before.)

13221694_10209605563878522_6883831008357

We have our own 'Aranea Ienith' now :smile: (She's the NPC I mentioned previously), except she isn't a follower and has generic vanilla lines. Gave her a steel mace, spells, and a staff though just in case. 5 hours at the Statue, 12 hours in the Temple, and the rest in the Ruins, which is her starting location. I could use some help with the navmeshes and/or pathing because the seats inside do interfere with their sandboxing movement. I only used the same navmeshes as the original interiors.

13139094_10209608707637114_1029045519982

Spoiler content for those willing to get spoiled and help with opinions:

What I'm stuck on right now is the bug with the Wisp Actor script I put on Nylhac. It keeps spawning copies of Solstice and/or Nylhac's mirror images which is not intended to happen. The screenshot below doesn't show this bug but it's here for the tease. xD

13015125_10209455790494281_6648268758708

Seth the Acolyte has no damage skills/spells nor weapons. His staff does a slow and his short-ranged light projectile does a 3-sec paralyze; both deal magicka and stamina damage. I made it so because he's intended to be a pacifistic character-follower. His only damage capability is his spell that summons a number of wisps.

13166013_10209608705837069_1030108581755

This is all for now. I'll post more info later. :smile:

Edited by Caerulean

Woah! :O Impressive! :D I like that! :D

I like the picture where Equinox is standing next to bed and it's probably like:

Equinox: You've been sleeping for almost eight hours! Wake up!

"Champion": Zzz.... five more minutes mom... Zzz

Equinox: *sigh*

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to try this mod out! :D

• 3 weeks later...
The BETA is OUT! :smile: - Click the image below!

13226922_10209605563438511_7399905216968

Help me test and improve it! The update details are as follows:

- After completing Meridia's 'The Break of Dawn' quest, the temple doors should update after spending some time away from the Kilkreath Temple area. When you return, the doors should now lead you to the cleaned-up interiors.

- After entering the first door, you should find young Seth the Acolyte at the bottom of the stairs. Finish talking with him and he will tell you about the challenge waiting for you in the Temple's Catacombs. (This is an unmarked and unregistered 'quest'. You don't have to do this to use the new beds and the now player-owned chests in the Temple interiors.) You will have to activate the beacon pedestals again to proceed through the place.

- The Kilkreath Ruins interior now has a player bed (that grants the Well Rested bonus appropriately) and an Alchemy Table. This is also the starting location of three new generic NPCs (Ferrine Denethelia, Acolyte Oureus, and Acolyte Zur), They have no functions other than to provide some life in the Temple. Ferrine stays in the Ruins from morning to afternoon, but will go outside to pray at the Statue at noontime; she stays in the Temple from evening to morning. The Acolytes spend 8 hours each in the Temple and Ruins, then goes in the afternoon to the Four Shields Tavern and stays there for 8 hours. All three and Seth are flagged as Protected.

*Ferrine has an infinite Flames staff, a light spell similar to Seth's (read below), an elven mace, and Restoration spells and perks. Oureus has a steel mace, fire and healing spells, and shares Ferrine's light spell; while Zur has a glass bow + elven arrows, shock spells and shares Seth's healing spell (read below). All four have torches and a Candlelight ability which activates to accompany their torches. :3

13179372_10209608704957047_1135991027750

13232923_10209674219034858_7096973678638

- The Kilkreath Catacombs can only be entered by you as you will have to face the challenge alone. Go through the room and you will find Nylhac at the end. She will attack on sight, saying that you need to earn her allegiance as her new Champion. This can be very hard depending on your skill and tactics. Took me several tries to find my own way of defeating her. Her level is 1.3x the player's. She will keep spamming her lightning spells and she also has a constant shock (and fear) cloak. She has one spell that grants her armor, summons five (5) passive mirror images of her around you, and summons a lightning storm. Fortunately the lightning can't hit you as you are inside a building. Meanwhile, the mirror images will not attack you and cannot be killed, and are only supposed to be a distraction for you. However, Nylhac's chain lightning can bounce off her mirror images and hit you while you are unprepared. The mirror images have their wings on while the original Nylhac cannot wield her wings as she is fighting so you shouldn't be confused at all. Make sure you have health and magic/shock resist potions/equipment and/or warding spells before facing her. Good luck!

- Defeat her then she will disappear. Go back to the Catacombs' door and you will see her there. She will congratulate you and disappear again, giving you two new spells:

*Conjure Nylhac - This summons a slightly weaker version of Nylhac. She will mostly spam Sparks but will probably start using her stronger spells at a higher level or when her targets are too far. Her constant shock-fear cloak should also be useful against many enemies as well. Her most powerful spell is her armor + lightning storm + mirror images spell; however, like I said, the lightning will only hit targets properly when you are outdoors.

13151913_10209605551958224_6847741399491

*Prismal Mirror - This is a nearly useless Apprentice Illusion spell. It summons an 'illusion of light' that will attack your targets but cannot deal any meaningful damage. But - it has ability to duplicate itself multiple times when it reaches <50% health and will shatter when killed. Probably useful as a distraction spell, and when the spell is equipped, it grants the Light of Protection buff from the Light of Restoration spell. (Equipping Light of Restoration will override this buff however.) The mirror images, if not killed, will continue to wander around indefinitely. The light orbs dropped by the illusions should disappear after the same time ash piles do.

- Return to Seth the Acolyte in Kilkreath Temple and you will now be technically added to the Auroran faction which comprises of Equinox, Vyrmilion, Seth, Ferrine, Oureus, Zur, your Nylhac summon, and your Prismal Mirror. No functional purpose for the player actually, but I had to do this for setting conditions. Seth can now be recruited as a (semi-)follower. He cannot carry things for you nor be asked to do things. He has a unique, unlimited-enchantment staff that deals useless damage but reduces the target's damage-resistance. He has a short-ranged light spell that paralyzes targets in a small area for three (3) seconds and damages their Magicka and Stamina. His third spell is an 'explosive' Conjuration spell that summons five (5) wisps. He also has a concentration healing + candlelight spell.

*When recruited, he can only be dismissed outside of Kilkreath Temple for now.

13083363_10209455792814339_7757831285325

- Lastly, after this, and if you've already read the Consecration of Fire spell tome, the Nightbringer will begin to hunt you down. Anywhere. He will only move at night though. Learning the Consecration of Fire will make him appear in his starting position but you can still encounter him there. Completing Nylhac's challenge and reporting back to Seth will make him begin his hunt. When killed, he disappears and should respawn after some time. His level is 1.5x the player's. May the Stars be ever in thy favor, Champion of Meridia~

*Nightbringer has a different Mace of Molag Bal with an infinite frost+slow+fear enchantment; has a Daedric shield, Daedric gauntlets and boots; has the Spellbreaker (ward) enchantment when he blocks; has a Frost Breath shout; and has a rather fast health-regeneration. He has several perks and can instantly kill you if your character is soft (like mine xD). Overwhelming him with numbers or keeping his attention from you should work.

13260181_10209674220314890_4601907667480

Other Details:

- 'Light of Life I' and 'Light of Protection I' are now simply 'Light of Life' and 'Light of Protection'.

- 'Light of Life II' and 'Light of Protection II' are now combined into one spell - 'Light of Restoration'. When equipped, it will grant you a continuous heal and damage+magic resistance, but drains magicka over time. When launched, it applies the heal and buff to friendly targets in an area-of-effect.

- The 'Protection' effect now uses a glow effect instead of the non-cast Ward effect; and uses the Turn Undead casting art instead of the Ward casting art.

- 'Light of Retribution' should now stagger the caster as well. It is now an Expert level spell but that doesn't mean anything as it still costs 0 magicka. Now uses the Staff of Magnus casting art.

- 'Conjure Vyrmilion the Auroran' is now an Adept level spell with slightly more magicka cost, for balance.

- Vyrmilion now has additional fire visuals and his mirror images now has the fire-ghost visuals. Equinox now has a glow effect on him. Both Equinox and Vyrmilion gained some height.

- Equinox can now be told to wait or do something before you finish Meridia's quest, but can only be dismissed once you finish it. He also no longer needs to be told to follow again when told to 'Wait there' via the 'I need you to do something' favor dialogue.

Plans:

- Add much more dialogue for all custom-voiced characters: Equinox, Vyrmilion, Seth, and Nylhac.

- Create more Light spells.

- Create the other Arch-Invocations - Escarlet, Vheridian, and Yndikos - even as mere cameos, and/or other characters.

- Add more functions to the Temple.

- Possibly incorporate the Coloured Rooms mod.

That's about it. I likely had some minor inaccuracies with the details there but nothing significant. Thank you for checking out and helping with this humble project! :D Feel free to report anything or volunteer help if you are interested! One man cannot always stand alone~

Edited by Caerulean