New computer, hate edge

Goodbadugly

I just got myself a new computer, and on my old one I could use Brave browser to log in on vortex and website. Now I am new computer stuck with edge which is insisting I use. and I really have a personal beef with it's service(Edge). Is there a way to switch back to my default browser(brave) and skip edge?

AFAIK, you can install any browser. I am on W10, fully updated, and I run Firefox, with noScript added. The worst that happens is when windows opens some MS info (or searches from the MS pages) in Edge, even when I have set FF as the default browser. You can ignore the windows nag for 'restore recommended' in the settings landing page.

Edge will whine, and on a lot of machines, actually is set to start with windows...... That said, edge is just Microsoft Chrome... (as Brave is just someone elses version of chrome....) Chrome is better supported.... That said, I use FireFox, as I don't care for MS, and I don't particularly care for google either. Just a matter of who do you want your browser reporting to. Brave may claim is doesn't send any data, but, that is false. EVERY browser reports back to mama. Just, which mama do you distrust the least. :D

Guest deleted34304850

I just got myself a new computer, and on my old one I could use Brave browser to log in on vortex and website. Now I am new computer stuck with edge which is insisting I use. and I really have a personal beef with it's service(Edge). Is there a way to switch back to my default browser(brave) and skip edge?

google how to use other browsers on win11 - its a fairly simple thing to set up and once you've done that you can use whatever browser you like.

Worth noting that the latest update to Edge now has a "feature" for fast start ups that basically keeps it running all the time. Might want to disable that even if you use another browser.

Especially if you use another browser. :)

With windows 11, right-clicking on the task bar doesn't always give the option for task manager.... So, ctrl+alt+del brings up the menu, open task manager. If it doesn't have the tabs across the top, click on the 'more info' link at the bottom.... (I think in 11, you don't have to do that.) Go to the startup tab. (in 11, it's icons down the side, hover over them, and they will tell you what they are.) Find Edge, right click on it, and then select "disabled". Edge will still work, should you need it, but, it won't start with windows any more.