Crashing in Cola Cars Arena.

HeyYou

I get thru the conversation with gauge, but, shortly thereafter, the game just closes. Event Viewer says MSVCR110.dll is the problem... Looking online, suggestions are to repair/reinstall VC 2012 from the Steamapps\whatever folder. I ran the repair, and the game went a little bit longer, but still crashed, with the same dll being the problem. I found a thread from years ago, with the same problem, the poster 'fixed' it, but, DID NOT say HOW he fixed it.... Gonna try a reinstall, and see what happens, but, in case that doesn't work, looking for other suggestions.

Ok, Think I have this solved. Not much out there on the web for solutions, but, here's what I did.

Deleted MSVCR110.dll from fallout folder.

Verify Game Cache via Steam. Found and fixed two files. (though it didn't tell me WHICH files.....)

Ran system file checker from an elevated command prompt. (sfc /scannow)

SFC found and fixed files. Ran it again, didn't find any more.

Restarted my machine.

Started steam, fired off the game from my shortcut to F4SE_loader. Game seems to run fine now.

i can confirm such strange problems with bethesda games main game folders and win 10 related with unexpected file changes. reason unknown. probably updates or av related.

since this annoys me i update a backup of the main game folder to be able to compare, reinstall or repair the last working main folder setup. it helped me a few times to simplify such strange problems since then, instead to be urged to fiddle with single missing files or strange game and setup corruptions.

I do the IT thing for a living, so problems like this bring out my OCD... *Usually*, I can find a solution on the web.. but, not always. Then it's follow general suggestions, and see what works. Sometimes I get lucky.... sometimes.... I don't. :D This time, I got lucky.