Things that dont make sense 2

TheCalliton

How is there a newspaper, but no Printing Press?

The printing is outsourced to the Engravers guild in Ank-Morpork

How is there glass windows in every city, but no Glassworks?

Glass windows? Really? Ya ever looked through one?

There's water everywhere, but why are the only drinks you can buy are either alcoholic or magic?

Because there's water everywhere. And the wise citizens of Cyrodil don't drink high fructose sodas. The latter is why there's no obesity.

How come the amount of protection from armour is directly proportional to how much it weighs?

I'm guessing you can figure this one out for yourself

Why does a Steel spiked mace do less damage than a completely smooth Glass one?

The mace is steel, but the spikes are rubber.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dive rock doesnt have stairs, and why the oblivion invasion takes so f****** long

1st question: to stop the suicidal. 2nd question: because everyone is pussies, or your character is secretly a god who can decide whenever it wants to begin a certain section of the "near" future.

Why do mountain lions go flying overhead in overhead aerial attack formation off a cliff, somehow survive, and then run in circles around you like maniacs nine hundred times on the ground before even attacking you?

How can you swim in full heavy armour without sinking?

Air pockets just get in the armor. Try swimming around in heavy armor sometime and you'll find it's just logic. How were submarines built? (real question above)

why do arrows go slower that a horse? (exageration)

Horses are faster because they have more legs on which to run. Duh.

Try swimming around in heavy armor sometime and you'll find it's just logic.

Uhhh... you first.

Why does the Fighters Guild send three guys out to a goblin infested hole without weapons? Where's the logic in that? What are they supposed to use, harsh language? :P

- Why are the small settlements of Cyrodiil without walls, there's beasties right through the forest?

- Why is everyone worried about The Oblivion Crisis, when all they do is open a gate and mill around? (I want someone to make a deadric raiding parties mod!)

- Why does steel armour weigh so much in a world full of magic? It's seven times heavier than our historical versions.

- Why do people use weapons that get progressively heavier, when weapon weights have remained constant through the ages?

- Why do two handed weapons do so little damage compared to their one handed cousins? Two hands is two shoulders driving the beast.

- Why is it the moment I upgrade my armour, every bandit and marauder goes to the shops and upgrades theirs?

- Why are the horse breeds so dumb? (Sorry, but it really irks me)