Rock stable to level 35+, now frequent black loading screen hanging = forced game closure via task manager

jdkzombie

So I have 2 specific characters I play, one is level 168, the other is level 39 now, and I have begun to run into a new and very frustrating issue lately that happens at random.

It seems as though traveling of any sort via fast travel, or into/out of interior to exterior and vice versa that the game will simply hang on a load screen indefinitely. It has not "stopped responding" according to Task Manager, but yet sits there. I use Load Accelerator so the fps sits at 298 in load screens so it is extremely noticeable when it doesn't....you know...accelerate the load.

I have not really installed anything major and new, I loaded some new mods specifically to use on a profile FOR the new character but everything has worked perfectly for 34 levels until now. There have been no new ini edits. There have been a few mod updates like UOF4P, Vivid AIO textures, and I believe Flashy (Joey) Gun For Hire.

Not really sure what to look for because all the web searches say the same tired out OLD stuff like "where's the game installed, disable Steam overlay, delete ini etc etc. Tried all of this. But the game has worked fine for a level 1 to 168 character, and this current one to level 35 then weird s#*! started.

PC specs are as follows

Ryzen 5900x on liquid PBO (small increase)

RX 6700XT 12Gb slight UV

32Gb 3200Mhz ram

1000w EVGA Supernova PSU Gold standard

Windows 10 Professional

Game is played at 2560x1440p and until now has ran around 80fps normally and between 55-68 even in Downtown Boston.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Afaik those mods that were updated don't do anything significant at a particular level that I can see from the websites, one is UOF4P, another was a texture pack update to one that was already installed, and the last was Guns for Hire. This mod worked fine for my other character weird that there is an issue on this one.

And it's randomly on cell load screens. I could say, enter and leave the same door to a cell/outside for example, 20 times and there's no telling whether it's going to work, or lag up. Can't even get a buffout crash log because the game is not CTD, it just....sits there on the black screen with the loading symbol bottom right, or on a regular loading screen that has rotating objects, indefinitely. I wind up having to open task manager and end task, then there's usually two other Fallout 4 background tasks that are stuck on that need ended as well.

Everything checks out fine with xEdit for conflicts, Loot shows no load order issues, no errors shown in Vortex either, but yet it is completely random.

Completely baffling because otherwise the game runs near flawlessly. Hell, I even get 50+ fps in downtown Boston at 1440p with extra undead spawns. I thought maybe they were the culprit, but this happens with our without their plugins enabled and can happen at any load door anywhere.

If the save would become corrupted, it couldn't be loaded so it's probably not that.

You might want to try High Physics FPS fix instead of Load Accelerator. It has a similar (and more smoother in my experience) feature. No need to actually set your fps higher than 60.

Also, some Windows updates caused issues like that for me in the past (in 2017-2018 maybe).. especially when traveling from an interior to an exterior cell (black loading screens can usually be seen when the exterior cell is buffered). Alt+Tab sometimes worked, sometimes not. Finally, I had to uninstall and hide one or two cumulative updates with "wushowhide.diagcab" to "fix" these random loading infinite screens.