Quest for Glory style Skyrim Request for TES6 - Playing what you build

daventry

A mod that removes major features from the game is not a good idea. As everyone is trying to tell you, you DO NOT have to do quests you don't want to. You DO NOT have to be evil. Do you understand how a TES game works?

I completely understand how it works, but some Paths need you to go through a Quest to advance in the Game.

For example Dawnguard, you cannot finish the Dawnguard MQ or go to the Lost Valley unless you play the Skyrim MQ where you need an Elderscroll.

Thats what im trying to say, some Quests Force you to take that path to advance in the Game.

Many are so tired of being Dragonborn where theres a Mod for it

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9048/?

A mod that removes major features from the game is not a good idea. As everyone is trying to tell you, you DO NOT have to do quests you don't want to. You DO NOT have to be evil. Do you understand how a TES game works?

I completely understand how it works, but some Paths need you to go through a Quest to advance in the Game.

For example Dawnguard, you cannot finish the Dawnguard MQ or go to the Lost Valley unless you play the Skyrim MQ where you need an Elderscroll.

Thats what im trying to say, some Quests Force you to take that path to advance in the Game.

Many are so tired of being Dragonborn where theres a Mod for it

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9048/?

You should be doing some quests, I mean the game has a story. The game would not be fun if every quest was linear and straight forward. The game's story centers around you, the dragonborn. The game is not meant to be played where you sit around and do nothing. If you want to do a major story quest, you have to finish the prerequisites.

I am done arguing with you. It goes nowhere. Other people should see that and stop too. It is what every thread like this turns into.

Its not my fault when im trying to do what you say, but there are obsticals in the way.

Sure i can sit with Hundreds of Quests in my Log while Ignoring them, but some Force you to do Another Quest or be someone you dont want to be unless through a Mod.

Im Not the bad guy here, im trying to Enjoy my Vanilla Game the way i want to play, but some parts need you to Join a Faction to continue a fraction part of a Quest.

You say i should be doing some Quests and then you say i dont have to do those type of Quests.

Its like saying eat your Vegetables but you dont have to, yet the plate is being pushed closer to me.

Edited by daventry

hi daventry,

having in mind that Skyrim players have free will and therefore may avoid inappropriate paths on their own, in general we prefer to extend the game with new possibilities, rather than disable something.

There are, of course, exceptions: for tailoring the game "ad usum delphini" it is unavoidable, and disabling dragonborn powers was relatively easy to implement. Your idea seems overly complicated and raises doubts when inspected in detail - why do you think that fighters should be disabled from Barenziah stones, for that matter?

As for "some Paths need you to go through a Quest to advance in the Game", I believe that every such concern is already addressed by some existing mod, such as "College for non-mages", in extending, not forbidding way. This mod extends the game by adding a possiblity to enter the College without joining the guild. Another example: forced becoming archmage of College - for this issue is a mod that allows player to choose certain NPC mage for the archmage vacancy.

so - those are the reasons for weakness of your mod idea and why we are reluctant to it.

All good points, but as a Fighter and a Mage, the Barenziah Stones are stuck on your Character unless through a Mod to drop or sell them

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23431/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14525/?

Again, some parts need you to Join a Faction to continue a fraction part of a Quest.

Plus, i read many times where People just dont like Mods in fear of Bugs or Save Bloats, many prefer the Vanilla Gameplay where such Choices needs to be implemented in the Vanilla Game.

Its not enough to say just Ignore the Quest or dont go there, RPG Games needs to have Choices and Alternatives through the Vanilla Game instead of relying on Mods.

In Real Life if i go Murder an Abusive Nanny, the World isent going to Rejoice me as a Hero, my Butt is in Jail for Murder plain and simple, hence a Choice is made for me to Report her to the Police so they can take care of it.

Edited by daventry

Its not enough to say just Ignore the Quest or dont go there, RPG Games needs to have Choices and Alternatives through the Vanilla Game instead of relying on Mods.

Your idea does not add anything. It doesn't add choices or alternatives, it cuts them out.