Steam winter sale

brokenergy

Does anyone else find it bull**** that you have to enter your billing information into steam when you're paying with a paypal account?

Billing information is needed in cases where paypal may refuse to provide the funds, or where an individual tries to stop payment on something they just bought through Steam. Without this information, it would result in Steam having to deal with the debt in the interim, have to pay for all the fees related to a failed payment, and go through additional headaches having to close all those accounts who pulled this. With billing information on file however, Steam can just suspend the account and send it off to collections if someone tries to pull something, or commit fraud. Collections in this case being an outside party which passes on all the related fees to the billing address which can have a very bad effect on important things like credit rating, earned income, or the amount of daylight you will be seeing over the next 1-2 years.

On the plus side however, it helps make it easier to reclaim stolen accounts, prove identity, track down people who are stupid enough to try connecting a stolen credit card to their actual address, or just easier to buy things when it's your own money.

I grabbed KOTOR2 when I found out the restoration project has finally seen the light of day, sadly the widescreen patcher reverts the Steam version back to a version that doesn't work so well with the restoration mod so it's 4:3 squareness for me. :sad:

Ah i told you that the game had a widescreen issue, I'm glad you found a work around for it, thanks for letting me know.

Also rust looks to promising, so tempted to get it on steam.

Edited by Thor.

I grabbed KOTOR2 when I found out the restoration project has finally seen the light of day, sadly the widescreen patcher reverts the Steam version back to a version that doesn't work so well with the restoration mod so it's 4:3 squareness for me. :sad:

Ah i told you that the game had a widescreen issue, I'm glad you found a work around for it, thanks for letting me know.

Also rust looks to promising, so tempted to get it on steam.

No you said Kotor doesn't work in 1080p or in Win7 which it most certainly does with a simple fix. Kotor 2 does as well but the fix for the Steam version reverts the game back to a version not compatable with the restoration project. The problem is you can have 1080p or the Restoration Project, not both sadly.

Does anyone else find it bull**** that you have to enter your billing information into steam when you're paying with a paypal account?

Billing information is needed in cases where paypal may refuse to provide the funds, or where an individual tries to stop payment on something they just bought through Steam. Without this information, it would result in Steam having to deal with the debt in the interim, have to pay for all the fees related to a failed payment, and go through additional headaches having to close all those accounts who pulled this. With billing information on file however, Steam can just suspend the account and send it off to collections if someone tries to pull something, or commit fraud. Collections in this case being an outside party which passes on all the related fees to the billing address which can have a very bad effect on important things like credit rating, earned income, or the amount of daylight you will be seeing over the next 1-2 years.

On the plus side however, it helps make it easier to reclaim stolen accounts, prove identity, track down people who are stupid enough to try connecting a stolen credit card to their actual address, or just easier to buy things when it's your own money.

Yeah, that's great for steam, but it's just another way for my address and phone number to get floated around the net and telemarketers, and spam companies, etc. etc.

I can be understanding for the company at times, but this is one of those cases, where I don't care how much extra work it causes them if it's a more secure experience for me, the consumer. That's one of the points of paypal to begin with is so I don't have to deal with this crap.

Edited by Fistandilius

picked up DAO and DAO:A and all DLC for $5. played the s#*! out of DAO, but never played DAO:A because Steam requires you to have the Steam version of DAO in order to download and play DAO:A, and i never wanted to rebuy the game since i already had the disk. but $5 for everthing was a steal.

also picked up Brutal Legend for $2. the only other thing ive seen so far thats caught my eye is Magic 2014 for $5. might grab that.

i beat it 3 times normally, once with each class, and each difficulty. now ive beaten it like 4 or 5 more times with heavy modding. i like to do OP runs where its just me and Alistair and Dog. the original Grey Wardens. but ive done super Mage run throughs too. sometimes ill act like me and Alistair are Templars, or rogues, etc. i wish i could find Akatsuki uniform mods so i could do that! but a las i never found any. :(

Don't starve was given a 92% discount a little while ago and its been fixed an is now 66%.

It's the only interesting sale that's happened during the winter sale so far that does not involve a game i already have from a previous sale.

Edit: Assassin's Creed 3 has been given a 75% discount. Yay. :woot:

Edited by gamevsreality