Remove trash and junk from settlement precombines

Freeasabird767

Why can you trash the demolished houses but not the ugly piles of leaves and trash everywhere?. The mod Scrap everything makes it possible to, well scrap everything. but this unfortunately breaks your FPS eventually. because your scrapping things that stupidly can't be scrapped.

Now this is a long shot but, could someone make a mod that's akin to scrap everything but it DOESN'T skull f*#@ your frames. like why doesn't scrapping the things that can be scrapped break your FPS? why not add trash piles, bushes, hedges, fences essentially all the ugly garbage thats strewn about sanctuary as example. WHY can't any of that crap be scrapped?? make all that like the broken houses.

like remove all the offending trash from the ...erm, Precombine uhh list??* idk something like that.

If, when you install scrap everything, there is an option to turn off previs/precombines for the entire commonwealth. That WILL do horrid things to your framerate. If you do NOT select that option, then it only does it for defined settlement areas. I use SE in all of my playthroughs, I am currently level 80something, and have no FPS issues, even in Downtown Boston.

I think you'd pretty much have to make separate versions of precombines for in settlement and outside settlements. Right now, the same combined models are used everywhere, so if you change the ones in the settlements it changes the ones everywhere else as well.

I think it might be possible, but a massive amount of work and a potential conflict with everything else you install. Probably why no one has done it.

If, when you install scrap everything, there is an option to turn off previs/precombines for the entire commonwealth. That WILL do horrid things to your framerate. If you do NOT select that option, then it only does it for defined settlement areas. I use SE in all of my playthroughs, I am currently level 80something, and have no FPS issues, even in Downtown Boston.

I think you'd pretty much have to make separate versions of precombines for in settlement and outside settlements. Right now, the same combined models are used everywhere, so if you change the ones in the settlements it changes the ones everywhere else as well.

I think it might be possible, but a massive amount of work and a potential conflict with everything else you install. Probably why no one has done it.

Hm, i figured as much :/ very well thank you both.

So i'm reinstalling the mod and on the first page i selected Scrap Everything ultimate edition and on the next page i just selected disappearing objects terrain fix, and thats all i need? i won't have any FPS issues?

I believe it's actually an INI setting you can choose to use or not that causes the problem.

Sorry but what INI is that? i looked in Fallout 4 prefs ini i know theres another one, (erm, i think...) but i'm not sure what its called though. :/

Edited by Freeasabird767

To use this mod across the entire wasteland (with mods that let you build anywhere) change the following line in your fallout4.ini (under the heading [general] ): bUseCombinedObjects=1 to bUseCombinedObjects=0. Do not use the ini edits otherwise, they hurt more than they help. This can also be set using the FOMOD installer.

So i'm reinstalling the mod and on the first page i selected Scrap Everything ultimate edition and on the next page i just selected disappearing objects terrain fix, and thats all i need? i won't have any FPS issues?

I believe it's actually an INI setting you can choose to use or not that causes the problem.

That *should* be golden.

I think if you wanna break precoms/preivs the world over, the installer does the .ini edit. I think. :D So, nothing to worry about there.

You cant have 2 different versions of precomb/previs occupy the same cells... Precombined data is generated on a per cell basis meaning that unless you open a location in the game editor you cant see what is in a cell and where the borders of the cells are... Example: Sanctuary occupies several cells (8 if i remember correctly)... but those cells dont only cover where the buildings are . The bridge for example is on 2 different cells . So when when people start tinkering with stuff in that area they are also breaking precombines for the cell towards RR. So dont confuse the build area limits when trying to figure out where or what a cluster of precombined objects is made up of or where it belongs. In most cases the cell borders have nothing to do with the build area...

Also note precombined geometry and precombined visibility are 2 separate things BUT pre/vis depends on precombines... So when we say bla bla bla "broke precombines" ..the real issue is that when you break a precombined cluster by deleting,moving etc. something in the cluster you actually effect the VISIBILITY that was generated from that cluster and cause serious issues to several cells . Example : if we break precombines on the sanctuary bridge we can effect cells all around that cell reaching close to Abernathy and destroying red rocket. The issue gets even worse when you have location mods with their own precomb/previs data leaving you with a lot of floating objects missing buildings or items etc...

In general to answer another question...

Objects that are scrappable in the vanilla game (without a scrapping mod) do not belong to the precombined data.... This is why you see that you can scrap some stuff but not others...