Any way to run a console command every x seconds?

hucker75

I'm really annoyed with the game constantly changing FOV. I have a key assigned to change it to the way I like it (realistic instead of like you're looking through a magnifying glass), but I have to press it many times. Is there a way to run the command every x seconds?

No, the FOV changes going into or out of buildings, using the pipboy, using the workshop, dying and returning to last save, etc. I'm using a wider FOV than is probably accepted by the program. Plus I also want to be able to change the FOV between two, as the wide angle makes the pipboy too small to see.

I've just checked. The three ini files all had 70 in three places each. I changed them to 140. The game ignored them. I'm using an F key within the game bound to a console command to change it to 140. And another F key to change it to 70 for the pipboy.

I have a mod to extend FOV, I can't remember what I use now, I tried a couple which didn't work too well, then settled on hotkey commands.

The files are not read only, and are in C:\Users\peter\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Changing it in the console and in the ini files is not permanent. The change stays in the ini file but is ignored. Could it be using ini files elsewhere?

Well, if you were using Mod Organizer 2, I think you would have to launch the game thru it, for things to work properly. I think....

Does you mod extend FOV? Or aspect ratio on the screen? If it effects FOV, you may be fighting with it.....

I launch the game through F4SE, as I use a lot of mods with scripts.

I found "Custom Camera" by Qudix, but I need that as it moves the player position. Unfortunately it has a FOV control in it which was set to 75. Changing it to 140 only worked until I saved and loaded the game again.

Also "FOV Slider and Player Height" by g0kur, which I changed to 140 and it ignored me after saving and loading. I need that for making him the correct size.

I give up trying to find the source of the problem. Something conflicts with something else. If only Bethesda hadn't made the game need so many fixes.

SO..... there must be a way to put in a timed console command?

Edited by hucker75