A mod that allows player to shoot multiple arrows

Erenussocrates

Either with the help of mods or not, while playing, I could see myself as a super melee berserker, a super destruction mage or a super thuum user. But couldn't see myself as a super archer, yet. What is the use of bows if we cannot feel ourselves like Legolas while playing, anyways?

Is there a mod that would allow player to shoot multiple arrows with his bow at the cost of some stamina? It should be toggled with a custom key though. Anyone know a mod like that?

Edited by Erenussocrates

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a mod called Harvest - Auto Pick Up and Search. It gathers things around you so you can go through a dungeon and kill things, collect all the stuff you'd want, ignore the stuff you don't want, and never open a single container or inventory. Seems off topic, I know, but it's really not. You see, it used to have this problem where it would grab your arrows out of the air in front of you. Great for facing off against archers 'cause they'd shoot you, and Harvest would grab the arrows right out of the air right before they hit you. Not so great when you're the one shooting the arrows. Anyway, however that mod author actually recognized the items to pick up was obviously fast enough to register and work with arrows mid-flight. Perhaps instead of actually shooting multiple arrows (which would be very difficult to do), you could find arrows being shot by the play, and have a chance to spawn another one along the same trajectory. I know it's not what you asked for, but it'd at least allow multiple hits with one arrow shot. You could throw in another small bit where when it spawns the arrow, it removes one from the player. They'd essentially be shooting two, it just wouldn't show two on the bow.

Lol, it was a good idea but I didn't really try hard enough to get it working. I ended up shooting big arrow signs, lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2978/ai0waz6jw6rlbrufg.jpg

I even painted a house with them.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b1b5/yi6c7or628xzbazfg.jpg

The idea is to make a new projectile (arrow) with the model of two arrows, emulating launching two arrows when there is really only one. You could set this projectile to do double damage, essentially making double arrows. These wouldn't be playable items, so you wouldn't have to go buy double arrows, but rather it would be scripted to use these projectiles rather than actual arrows when a key is held down.

Okay, then how about this... I actually wanted the arrows to launch in a cone (like how archers do in those Lord Of The Rings conquest games), rather than being shot in an adherent manner. I guess that is something even harder to do. Then how about this, let's make a bunch of magical arrows (and maybe make them even craftable? or just simply purchasable). And when you shoot and hit on something with that arrow (either ground or some NPC/creature) a random hail of arrows rain down from the sky around the spot that the arrow hit. And hail of arrows should only trigger when it's cast on outdoors. Is this easier to make? Please, someone?

Edited by Erenussocrates

I've never worked with spawning arrows, but I know a good mod to look at if the author supplied the source files to get an idea of how to go about that. The mesh combination is probably the best, easiest solution if someone can get it working. I can do scripting, but I've never managed to get ANYTHING related to editing meshes and/or textures to work. That'll only happen if no one else starts on it in the next few days. It's christmas eve and I'm tired lol.

I could script to do any of these, but my mesh concept is a lot more efficient. The LOTR conquest style attack would also be possible threw meshing, cone projectiles are pretty simple to make. In contrast, the hail of arrows would not be possible through meshing, but I could make a quick script to do it.

I can do scripting, but I've never managed to get ANYTHING related to editing meshes and/or textures to work.

Rofl, I hate working with NIF files. I already figured out why my mesh idea doesn't work, give me a little and I'll fix it. I will not be working on this tonight, but I can get it done soon hopefully.